“Lovely hotel, Warm personal service, excellent food, great value.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Chicago
“Lovely hotel, Warm personal service, excellent food, great value.”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff were amazingly warm and attentive. Very patient and accomodating. Any concerns or requests (even unusual one) were immediately dealt with by Manager, reception and restaurant staff. Very pleasant. Hotel is lovely, very modern and clean. Excellent free wifi etc. only complaint I have is that the in room televisions are small. Lovely views from dining room and pleasant walk to park and lovely town. There are some buildings beside the hotel offering a lot of entertainment, bowling, kids activities shopping etc. they look a bit industrial but my extended family enjoyed the facilities. Nice short drive to Dublin. Overall a really excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2014
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent experiences while staying with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was with great pleasure that I read your review and thank you so much for all your kind words. It was our pleasure looking after you and your extended family and it was great to see that you all had an opportunity to enjoy not just our facilities here at the Hotel, but the many local amenities we have to offer.

We hope it is not too long until your next visit and thank you once more for your time and your kind words.

Talbot Hotel Carlow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Greek first
Ireland
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I had a surprise 60th party there for my mam room looked amazing when we walked in it was done like a wedding cake table was great food was amazing staff so friendly and helpfull would really recommend this hotel to anyone can't wait 2 go back and have a meal there many thanks to management and staff for maken our night so special

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read that you all had such an enjoyable time and thank you for choosing the Talbot to celebrate you mums birthday. Please pass on our best wishes to her and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is our second stay at the Talbot Carlow. I went with my husband and two children for my Birthday and we all love this hotel staff were really friendly and helpfull and I could not fault them. Food was excellent and we had dinner in the restraunt which was lovely. Pool was great and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Patricia,

Thank you so much for taking the tome to write and post a review on your recent celebratory stay with us here in the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

Can I firstly extend my best, but belated, wishes on your birthday and I was delighted that you choose the Talbot Carlow to celebrate it. Thank you for your kind words about our food and in particular the staff and I am sure that they would all like to be associated with my thanks.

We are really looking forward to having the chance to look after you all again in the very near future and thank you once more for your time and your feedback.

Mayo
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Staff were really nice but the service in the bar for food was terrible. After waiting almost 30 minutes we had to leave as no one came to take our order. More staff were needed as it was quite busy. Bedroom has dark decor with stains on carpet and are badly in need of refurbishment. Don't think we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TeddybearMayo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write and post a review on your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was very disappointed to read your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for any shortcomings. I will speak directly to my management team regarding the service in the bar area as it certainly not to our normal high standards. We are currently undergoing a staged refurbishment, the bar and restaurant have recently been completed, with our ballroom, lobby and front entrance currently being worked on. I was delighted to note your positive comments in relation to the staff and I hope that we would have a future opportunity to welcome you to the Talbot Carlow.

Bracknagh, Offaly, Ireland
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed @ your hotel for the wedding of Tara Davis & Adrian Bourke on saturday 26th of April gone by ( room 108 ) .as im assistant bar manager in a 5 star hotel myself , i can honestly say i love this hotel . as you know i would be looking out for every little detail myself in any hotel :-) ,i would highly recommend this great hotel .
From the moment we checked in , Receptionist was very helpful & friendly and even durning my stay , a big thanks to HAZEL @ reception who was great ( sorry for losing the matches you gave me ) lol :-) she was fab and any hotel would be lucky to have her .
Then to TICIA in the main bar who was more than happy to help me connect to the wi-fi code and even go out of her way to set my friends phones up durning a busy period with the wedding ,very helpful & so friendly .
Also to KYLE the bar man who was great at the cocktails ,he makes the best cocktails ever & also friendly aswel .
Then to the meal in ballroom ,all courses were very nice & couldnt fault a thing ,service was so professional and quick & everyone well looked after also . anyone i was talking to @ the function were complainant the meal .
To the room i stayed in ( 108 ) also seen other rooms durning my stay also . have to say very spacious rooms and lovely decor and so comfy/warm .
To the breakfast the next morning ,very nice also and plenty to choose from and again staff so helpful ,lovely view from the 4th floor aswel .
Thanks a mill for a great weekend @ your hotel ( all from wedding talking about you still ) . will be deffo returning when im visiting carlow again ,keep up the good friendly service & look forward to it again soon ..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Johnny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review based on your recent experience of attending the wedding of your friends.

It was our pleasure to host the event and I am delighted to read your feedback. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff here at the Hotel and it always give me great pride to pass on such feedback to them. I am sure I can speak for them all, especially Hazel, Kyle & Ticia, whom you have named, when I say a huge thank you for recognising their continued efforts. Your feedback is important and is discussed at our weekly meetings in order to address any issues that arise.

Thank you once again for your time and for your kind words and I hope it is not too long to your next visit to the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had a lovely break for Easter in the Talbot Hotel Carow. Hotel is lovely , staff are very friendly and the food was excellent . Have been here a good few times and have always enjoyed my stay ,its a good hotel for children and the kids club is great for them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lisamaria76
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear LisaMaria,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you and I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. It will be with great pride that I pass your feedback on to the team here at the Hotel and I am sure that I can speak for them all when I say a huge thank you for your kind words. It was also great to see that your children had a chance to enjoy the complimentary Tiger Kids Club during their stay.

Thank you once again for your review and for your continued loyalty. We are looking forward to your next visit and we hope its in the near future.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel but myself and partner found it to be a little on the grubby side, we ended up in a room without a bath as the room was a wheelchair room, the water from the shower went everywhere, there was only 2 hand towels in the room and i requested more and was told they would be straight up they didnt arrive until we requested them again after coming in from the pub. We ate in the bar which was pleasant, and we also had breakfast here the restaurant was very nice to look at but the cooked breakfast was only ok, mushrooms didnt seem fresh, staff were pleasant though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was very disappointed to read that you did not find your stay as enjoyable as expected and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. With the exception of one or two of our rooms, we have a bath and shower in the guest bedrooms and it is regretful that on the occasion of your visit you were allocated one of the rooms without. I will speak with my Accommodation Manager as to why there was a delay in delivering extra towels as requested and I will also speak to my management team and the chef, in relation to your observations at breakfast.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post this review and I hope that we may have a future opportunity to restore your faith in the Hotel.

Talbot Hotel Carlow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Clanard Court Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
#4 of 5 in Carlow

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!