“wedding”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently had our wedding in the Talbot hotel Carlow and from the minute we met wedding coordinator Niamh we knew we had made the right choice. I could not fault this hotel on a single thing! Their attention to detail is unbelievable. From the moment we arrived to the hotel we had staff coming up to us all day and asking was there anything we needed.They even called us by our first names which i thought was a lovely touch and very personal. We had 200 people at our wedding and I was very worried with that amount of people that the food might not be hot enough or they might not get enough, i shouldn't have worried.The food was piping hot and every where you looked there were staff going around with extras.The only complaint my guests had was that they ate so much they couldn't drink! The manager on the day,Micheal was so help full. He really looked after us and constantly keep us informed on everything that was happening.All in all i could not fault this hotel on a single thing. From the decorations in the ballroom, the back drop at the top table, the cookies and scones in the lobby to the honeymoon suite. For us the whole day was perfect and we could not have asked for more.A big thank you to Niamh, who from the start listened to everything we wanted and made sure it happened.So to Micheal, Niamh and all the staff in the Talbot Hotel Carlow thank you for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.
Paula Coakley.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Paula & Joe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent wedding held here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It is a real treat when we get feedback such as yours and it really does make everyone's hard work and effort worthwhile. We are honoured to be able to share your day with you and your guests and it gives us great pleasure knowing that both yourself and Joe were relaxed and enjoyed the whole day. I know I can speak for the entire team here at the Hotel when I say a huge thank you to you both for your kind words. I know that Niamh and Michael will be especially delighted that you have such wonderful memories of the day.

Can I also take this opportunity to wish you both a lifetime of health & happiness from the entire Talbot Team and thank you for choosing the Talbot Carlow to celebrate your Special Day.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

myself and four girlfriends stayed for one night on 10th may form the moment we arrived we were made feel very welcome the two girls on reception were lovely and friendly only took mins to book in rooms were lovely and clean . Had lunch in the bar which was very busy with communions but service was quick and eiffecent . Have to give a mention to the bar staff Robert ,Robyn and conor who really looked after us really made us feel welcome and had great laugh with them and also the night manager John would highly reccomend the talbot and will be back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Deirdre,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review based on your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Carlow.

It was our absolute pleasure looking after you and your girlfriends during your stay with us. I was delighted to read your comments, especially your kind words in relation to the staff. I know I can speak on their behalf when I say a huge thank you and I am sure that Robert, Conor and Robyn will be particularly pleased to have gotten a mention. We all work very hard here as a team in ensuring that each and everyone of our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing stay.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the very near future. Thank you once again for your kind words and for the time you have taken to write.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife & I stayed at The Talbot Hotel for four nights early May this year, we were made welcome from the moment we arrived by the duty manager and there was no problem's booking in or being given the key to our room.
The room itself was very roomy and well laid out with a spacious bathroom, TV, Tea & Coffee & Kettle.
The restaurant was on the fourth floor with views across the fields & the food you could not fault or the service plus the staff were very friendly and helpful.
My friend found that he had left his Insulin back in England, this was about 10.30pm, the Girl on reception phoned up a local surgery and got him an appointment that night for 11pm, she finished work at 11pm & told him she would drive him to the surgery and made sure he had a taxi to return him back to the hotel, plus the duty manager arrange to go & pick up his Insulin for him the next day. It's true what they say about the warmth of the Irish.

Room Tip: All rooms from what we could see were fine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Christopher,

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was a pleasure looking after you and indeed the entire tour group, and I am absolutely delighted to read your comments. I know that I can speak for the entire team here at the Talbot Carlow when I say a huge thank you for your kind words. It was great to see that we were able to source the medication required by your friend under the circumstances and great that you could both relax and enjoy your break without the worry of it.

Thank you once more for the time you have taken to write and thank you also for your kind words and positive feedback.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff were amazingly warm and attentive. Very patient and accomodating. Any concerns or requests (even unusual one) were immediately dealt with by Manager, reception and restaurant staff. Very pleasant. Hotel is lovely, very modern and clean. Excellent free wifi etc. only complaint I have is that the in room televisions are small. Lovely views from dining room and pleasant walk to park and lovely town. There are some buildings beside the hotel offering a lot of entertainment, bowling, kids activities shopping etc. they look a bit industrial but my extended family enjoyed the facilities. Nice short drive to Dublin. Overall a really excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2014
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent experiences while staying with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was with great pleasure that I read your review and thank you so much for all your kind words. It was our pleasure looking after you and your extended family and it was great to see that you all had an opportunity to enjoy not just our facilities here at the Hotel, but the many local amenities we have to offer.

We hope it is not too long until your next visit and thank you once more for your time and your kind words.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I had a surprise 60th party there for my mam room looked amazing when we walked in it was done like a wedding cake table was great food was amazing staff so friendly and helpfull would really recommend this hotel to anyone can't wait 2 go back and have a meal there many thanks to management and staff for maken our night so special

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read that you all had such an enjoyable time and thank you for choosing the Talbot to celebrate you mums birthday. Please pass on our best wishes to her and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is our second stay at the Talbot Carlow. I went with my husband and two children for my Birthday and we all love this hotel staff were really friendly and helpfull and I could not fault them. Food was excellent and we had dinner in the restraunt which was lovely. Pool was great and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Patricia,

Thank you so much for taking the tome to write and post a review on your recent celebratory stay with us here in the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

Can I firstly extend my best, but belated, wishes on your birthday and I was delighted that you choose the Talbot Carlow to celebrate it. Thank you for your kind words about our food and in particular the staff and I am sure that they would all like to be associated with my thanks.

We are really looking forward to having the chance to look after you all again in the very near future and thank you once more for your time and your feedback.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Staff were really nice but the service in the bar for food was terrible. After waiting almost 30 minutes we had to leave as no one came to take our order. More staff were needed as it was quite busy. Bedroom has dark decor with stains on carpet and are badly in need of refurbishment. Don't think we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TeddybearMayo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write and post a review on your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was very disappointed to read your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for any shortcomings. I will speak directly to my management team regarding the service in the bar area as it certainly not to our normal high standards. We are currently undergoing a staged refurbishment, the bar and restaurant have recently been completed, with our ballroom, lobby and front entrance currently being worked on. I was delighted to note your positive comments in relation to the staff and I hope that we would have a future opportunity to welcome you to the Talbot Carlow.

Kind Regards

Talbot Hotel Carlow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
Dinn Ri Hotel
#4 of 5 in Carlow
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!