Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Lord Bagenal Inn(Leighlinbridge)
  • Restaurant
1,334 results
All reviewskids clubliberty treeleisure centrefamily breakfourth floorswimming poolfood was lovelylovely hotelnext morningboth nightsduty managerfamily rooma great dealstaff were very friendlysteakbar staffbar food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We booked a mid-week break over the Easter and chose the Talbot Hotel Carlow, after it was recommended to us from friends and we were not disappointed. Friendly and efficient service and staff is the key to the success of the hotel, good food, nice comfortable rooms and a reasonable sized pool and gymnasium are also a major factor. The only downside is that it is a bit outside of the town and you have to drive to access the facilities Carlow has to offer. The kids club is adequate, but could be improved with extended activities and with the closure of the Dome across from the hotel, kids can get bored easily. However, The Talbot Hotel is a pleasant and comfortable hotel, with excellent staff working in all areas of the hotel, something, other hotel's fall short on. The Talbot Hotel Carlow is reasonably priced and worth the money and a hotel I would recommend.

Room Tip: Family rooms are adequate, but the suites for two are big and spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ColmM552
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Colm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us over Easter at the Talbot Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you and your family and I am delighted to read that all had such an enjoyable time. I know I can speak for all the staff here at the Hotel when I say a huge thank you for your kind words. I will take on board your comments in relation to our Kids Club and it is hopeful that the Dome will be re open very soon.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Talbot Carlow in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We recently had our wedding at the Talbot Hotel and from the very start of our planning to the very end of the night we could not find any fault with the hotel. Niamh, the wedding co-coordinator, is just super along with the rest of the staff at the Talbot. The food was delicious and plentiful, the decorations were lovely and there wasn't one complaint about the rooms that all the guests stayed in. Overall we couldn't thank the hotel enough. The hotel is perfect for any wedding, party, romantic weekend away or family trip. The staff are warm, friendly and so helpful and the food is delicious.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gemma & Brian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent wedding reception held here at the Talbot Carlow.

It was our pleasure and an honour to have shared your special day with you and we are thrilled that you and your guests had such a great day. It gives us all a feeling of pride when we know that our guests have such an enjoyable experience. I know I can speak for Niamh and the entire staff here at the Hotel when I say a huge thank you for your kind words.

Thank you once again and may I take this opportunity to wish yourself & Brian a lifetime of health & happiness.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently had our wedding in the Talbot hotel Carlow and from the minute we met wedding coordinator Niamh we knew we had made the right choice. I could not fault this hotel on a single thing! Their attention to detail is unbelievable. From the moment we arrived to the hotel we had staff coming up to us all day and asking was there anything we needed.They even called us by our first names which i thought was a lovely touch and very personal. We had 200 people at our wedding and I was very worried with that amount of people that the food might not be hot enough or they might not get enough, i shouldn't have worried.The food was piping hot and every where you looked there were staff going around with extras.The only complaint my guests had was that they ate so much they couldn't drink! The manager on the day,Micheal was so help full. He really looked after us and constantly keep us informed on everything that was happening.All in all i could not fault this hotel on a single thing. From the decorations in the ballroom, the back drop at the top table, the cookies and scones in the lobby to the honeymoon suite. For us the whole day was perfect and we could not have asked for more.A big thank you to Niamh, who from the start listened to everything we wanted and made sure it happened.So to Micheal, Niamh and all the staff in the Talbot Hotel Carlow thank you for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.
Paula Coakley.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Paula & Joe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent wedding held here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It is a real treat when we get feedback such as yours and it really does make everyone's hard work and effort worthwhile. We are honoured to be able to share your day with you and your guests and it gives us great pleasure knowing that both yourself and Joe were relaxed and enjoyed the whole day. I know I can speak for the entire team here at the Hotel when I say a huge thank you to you both for your kind words. I know that Niamh and Michael will be especially delighted that you have such wonderful memories of the day.

Can I also take this opportunity to wish you both a lifetime of health & happiness from the entire Talbot Team and thank you for choosing the Talbot Carlow to celebrate your Special Day.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

myself and four girlfriends stayed for one night on 10th may form the moment we arrived we were made feel very welcome the two girls on reception were lovely and friendly only took mins to book in rooms were lovely and clean . Had lunch in the bar which was very busy with communions but service was quick and eiffecent . Have to give a mention to the bar staff Robert ,Robyn and conor who really looked after us really made us feel welcome and had great laugh with them and also the night manager John would highly reccomend the talbot and will be back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Deirdre,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review based on your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Carlow.

It was our absolute pleasure looking after you and your girlfriends during your stay with us. I was delighted to read your comments, especially your kind words in relation to the staff. I know I can speak on their behalf when I say a huge thank you and I am sure that Robert, Conor and Robyn will be particularly pleased to have gotten a mention. We all work very hard here as a team in ensuring that each and everyone of our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing stay.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot Carlow in the very near future. Thank you once again for your kind words and for the time you have taken to write.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife & I stayed at The Talbot Hotel for four nights early May this year, we were made welcome from the moment we arrived by the duty manager and there was no problem's booking in or being given the key to our room.
The room itself was very roomy and well laid out with a spacious bathroom, TV, Tea & Coffee & Kettle.
The restaurant was on the fourth floor with views across the fields & the food you could not fault or the service plus the staff were very friendly and helpful.
My friend found that he had left his Insulin back in England, this was about 10.30pm, the Girl on reception phoned up a local surgery and got him an appointment that night for 11pm, she finished work at 11pm & told him she would drive him to the surgery and made sure he had a taxi to return him back to the hotel, plus the duty manager arrange to go & pick up his Insulin for him the next day. It's true what they say about the warmth of the Irish.

Room Tip: All rooms from what we could see were fine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Christopher,

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was a pleasure looking after you and indeed the entire tour group, and I am absolutely delighted to read your comments. I know that I can speak for the entire team here at the Talbot Carlow when I say a huge thank you for your kind words. It was great to see that we were able to source the medication required by your friend under the circumstances and great that you could both relax and enjoy your break without the worry of it.

Thank you once more for the time you have taken to write and thank you also for your kind words and positive feedback.

Warm Regards,