“Really enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Carlow
Dublin, Ireland
“Really enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My self and my partner had a weekend break in this hotel. It was a lovely quiet stay, our room was clean the service was excellent. From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out. There was a very helpful young man in the bar he recommended lovely food on the menus both nights along with a lovely manager who had done a pub quiz the first night we stayed. The receptionist were very very friendly and helped us with quicker cheaper transport home. I would definitely stay here again. The Jacuzzi and swimming pool were perfect and so relaxing, also a kiddies pool which we will bring our child the next time we stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure to look after you and I know that I can speak on behalf of the entire team here at the hotel when I say a huge thank you for your kind words.

We hope to have the opportunity in looking after you again very soon.

Warm Regards

Talbot Hotel Carlow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Greek first
Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely time. The kids loved the kids club. Food was excellent.beds was so comfortable. We got a great family deal . Kids also enjoyed dome next door it has a Play area bowling etc. The pet farm is 10 min drive and is a great day. out. We will return again very soon.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Tammy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you and your family and I am delighted to see that you all had such a wonderful time.

I hope that we will have the chance to look after you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night break in this hotel. We had 3 children with us (14,13,11). The hotel was great value but I would expect more from a 4 star hotel. The bedrooms do not have air conditioning which made it very uncomfortable to sit in. We received 2 fans which helped. The hotel was very clean and staff were the friendliest I've ever came across in any hotel especially Hazel who works at reception. Leisure complex was very basic. There is a Dome next door to hotel which kids loved (pool bowling soft play area for younger children) and there is a snooker hall within a 2min walk. Overall the hotel was excellent value for money. Not much to do in Carlow but a great discovery park is 15 min drive away and Killkenny is 30 min drive.If getting a good deal I would recommend this hotel but wouldn't like to pay the going rate for it. More like a good 3 star

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent family stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

I was delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay and it will be a pleasure passing on your comments to the staff, in particular, Hazel, whom you have singled out for praise. With the unprecedented hot weather the hotel is very warm and unfortunately was not fitted with air conditioning in each of the guest bedrooms at the building stage. I was glad to see, however that we provided you with some fans which I hope helped in some way to keep you all a little cooler.

We hope to see you back in the hotel very soon and keep an eye on our website and indeed that of Carlow Tourism for many family activities available close by and throughout County Carlow.

Warm Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Myself and my husband booked to stay midweek for one night it was my birthday and my husband just finished his final exams. We booked an upgrade to a suite as a treat. The suite was nice and spacious but I was expecting bathrobes (photo on website) and some complimentary water as a bonus for booking an upgrade we didn't get it. I tried to blowdry my hair but I could not find a socket near any of the mirrors so I found a shiny tissue box in the bathroom that I had to use as a mirror. I informed the receptionist about this as I was heading to dinner she wrote it down but there was no follow up therefore the next morning I had to resort to tissue box as a mirror again.
Our dinner was very nice presentation was lovely. When we arrived down for breakfast all the tables had dirty dishes on them the waitress brought us to a dirty table and proceeded to clean it in front of us with a napkin from another table . From what I could see it wasn't the waitress fault there just wasn't enough staff on maybe have someone just cleaning tables.
We enjoyed our stay and had a lovely relaxing break. Theresa at the desk was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a few otherwise you will be looking at empty unit.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you both and I will be sure to pass on your comments to Therese at reception. I will have my accommodation team remedy the issue you raise with the hair dryer and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

We are looking forward to welcoming you both back in the future and a belated happy birthday to you and best wishes to your husband on his pending results.

Kind Regards,

Tipperary
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Went there with my friends for my hen and it was fantastic. Staff were so nice and friendly. Rooms very clean and spacious. Food was great. Reception staff were especially nice and professional but also good craic. We did cocktail making which was good fun. Can't say more good about the place :-) had a brilliant time

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience whilst enjoying a hen weekend with us here at the Talbot Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you all and I was delighted to see that you all had such a wonderful time, in particular at the cocktail making.

Lets hope we see you all back soon for another celebration. Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

stayed here for a girls weekend away, beautiful hotel, nice quiet location just outside the town, the room was lovely no complaints, nice bathroom, shower etc., very comfortable beds, and great tea & coffee making facilities in the room, the food was fantastic, but the service was slow through no fault of the staff, they were extremely understaffed and the bar staff and waiters were rushed off their feet, running around and sweating buckets, we felt awful for them, there was music in the hotel bar both nights, but the bar was very quiet once the dinner rush was over, on sunday morning we had to wait nearly 20 mins for a table to have breakfast, but saturday morning was fine no waiting at all, not a huge selection for breakfast, cereal fruit natrual yoghurt and a buffet style fry, for a 4 star hotel i would have expected more to be honest, there was no croissants or other pastry, just tiny little pastries but if you were'nt there before 9 they were gone, and brown bread that was it, no butter on the table you had to ask for it, there was no toast making facility and the waitresses didn't automatically bring it over once you came in, we had to specifically ask for it both mornings and had our breakfast almost eaten by the time we got the toast - it would have been stone cold if we had waited for the toast, same with the tea/coffee, we had to ask for it to be brought over, i think when you come in and give your room number and are seated, they should automatically bring over toast and tea so that you have it shortly after sitting, found this very annoying, there was no real options for breakfast, no healty option as such for example salmon/cheeses nothing like that, not every1 wants to eat a fry in the morning ... overall the hotel is nice modern and clean, and the staff are very friendly so would stay again, the hotel does lots of special offers and deals for families so there was lots of kids around, if you dont' like kids disturbing your peace on a weekend away, i wouldn't advise this hotel

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us at the Talbot Hotel Carlow.

It was our pleasure looking after you and I apologise for any delays you experience in service. It was an extremely busy weekend and the entire team had to pull together to ensure all our guests were looked after. It will be a pleasure passing on your kind words to the staff. I will certainly speak with my chef and restaurant supervisor in relation to your comments on breakfast. We serve a full selection of breads & pastries daily and I am at a loss as to how these were not available during your stay. we also have a large choice of made to order dishes which cater for all dietary requirements and includes many healthy options.

I hope that you will return to the Talbot Carlow in the not too distant future and thank you once more for your honest and constructive feedback.

Warm Regards

Meath
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed with my sister and nephew for one night. We had a family room which was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and food was very good. Have one complaint it was too warm in the room. The window did not open fully so as a result could not get much air into the room. We left the window open all night but the chatter from the people in the smoking area at the front of the hotel could be heard in the room. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and would return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TalbotManager, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Carlow, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure looking after you during your stay with us and delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and will return. Our bedroom windows only open a certain distance to prevent any accidents and ensure guest safety. I hope its nit too long until you have a chance to return to us here in the Talbot and thank you once again for your kind words.

Talbot Hotel Carlow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlow
Seven Oaks Hotel
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Newpark Hotel
Newpark Hotel
#4 of 18 in Kilkenny

Been to Talbot Hotel Carlow? Share your experiences!