Overall, we all had a great time! We're a family of four with a 4 and 7 year old.
1- the place is kid friendly!! Proper seating and food options for small kids and great hours at the kids camp 9am-9pm.
2- the rooms were nice and we had a great location
3- the food was good, my husband has a strict diet and he ate well. The kids loved their little buffet area and the staff was able to obtain non-pork items for us as well.
4- the shows are most,y kid centered with audience participation so the children had tons of fun during the shows.
5- the pool, the slides were amazing for the kids!!
6- the kids camp took my older child onto the glass bottom boat and they had so many stories to tell me about what they saw in the ocean.
The bad and the ugly:
1. There is no tipping. While this is also listed as a good, the downside is that the staff were 50/50 when it came to good service. We've stayed in many all inclusives, and I find that the tipped staff tend to provide the best service!
2. My kids HATED the kid camp. Although the hours were great and flexible, it was a fight to get them to stay AND the child care workers weren't 'warm and fuzzy' AT ALL. There was ONE woman I really liked but the others were so cold, and my daughter even told me they were rude. That was a MAJOR drawback for us.
3. The overall resort wasn't up to par with other all-inclusives I've visited, but then I learned that they were hit by a hurricane and just re-opened early this year, so maybe that's a factor?
4. The excursions - we took our kids to Dunns River Falls, which was quite dangerous for small ones. No one at the resort told us that. They just said, "yea mon'" and took our $44 per child fee to ride the bus there ($70 per child if you take the catamaran and the Dunns river entry fee for childrren is only $12). It would have been nice - and appreciated, if they informed us of how dangerous it can be for children and explained the falls as we didn't know what to expect. There was a couple that took a 1 year old, only to sit out and watch because they couldn't go.
Overall, we'd return, but not for the same price, lol. Next year we're at Dreams in Punta Cana! I talked to families on our trip who told us that Dreams is much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios