Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
GoldenEye(Oracabessa)
  • Breakfast included
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
4,511 results
All reviewsbeaches ocho rioswater parkkids campmy sonfamily vacationthe busbanana boatall agesmain poolkids clubwater sportsswim up barsesame streetpiano barscuba divinggift shopa lot of fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Nice resort but was expecting more for the money we spent. We stayed last year at Hard Rock Cafe in Punta Cana and that hotel, service, food options, by far was better then Beaches... But my son had a blast in the water park and the self serve ice cream machines one of his faves, the night shows kind of weak. Oh & let's not forget the long 3 hours trip from airport to resort SUCKS!!

2  Thank Marleni C
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

We're disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not the stellar experience we strive to offer. It's great that your son enjoyed our exciting water park and delicious self-serve ice cream. However, we would have really liked to impress both of you during your stay. We have so much to offer and our staff is always so eager to do what it takes to make your vacation worthwhile.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope that you will afford us the chance to 'wow' you during a future stay.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I want to tell everyone and anyone about our stay at Beaches Boscobel we came back last week we went for 14days and we loved every minute of our stay. I would like to say thank you to GAVIN the singing chef who always had a smile and always made sure we was looked after alongside Francis who always prepared anything you wanted to eat JAMAICAN style cos Austin my dad was born in Jamaica and wanted the taste of real Jamaican food so Boscobel appointed us our chef YEAH ! Boscobel has a live in nurse called La.Tanya let's just say she goes that EXTRA mile in her job by ensuring her patients are in tip top order by looking forthem around the resort if they've forgotten to see her let's just say she looked after me and my family VERY well and Beaches Boscobel need her for life. Mario,Howard,cernol the bartenders let's just say they are soooooooo friendly and always made sure they'd come over and say hello and asked how we was ooo by the way 'can I have a virgin strawberry dakery please' Deago the training cheff ahhhhh bless she's solo sweet he is a fan cook and gun or going far mate but Gavin is DON! Miguel the bar b q park night cook let's just say I need to take u home with us so u can cook some jerk chicken for us he's soooooo calm.Christopher the evening manager is the best manager ever let's just say he goes above and beyond his call of duties and always always found us to ask if we was OK or if there was any suggestions to help him put forward on improvements for the hotel and NO there is nothing is change about beaches and the staff. I have 3 children who are 7,10 and 15 years old and there was always something for each age group to do my children are funny children they find it hard to interact but on day two my children were off doing there own thing There the 7year old was at the water slides omg that's fun I suggests anyone to try the grey slide that's fun!Loved it more then my 7yr old lol my 10year old was always near the stage or in the main pool where she met lots of friends her age. Now my 15yr old let's say she was at the liquid bar or on the beach . Beaches Boscobel is sooooooo safe there are always life guards about or guards to watch over the kids so Iddidn't have to worry about the children at all.The beaches Players Renex,Kierron,Or ill and the girls let's say there good at entertaining the guests we were never board and junior, Garfield, ordain,Ariel security guard Fitzroy, denellow,Nurse,Jamaine behind the bar,Tanisha,lawayne,pretty eyes,Alex the photo man, Michael,edward the securty guard,roy,richard,kevin,ordane,kieron the life guard,Carlos,memiguel,shanice,Gavin,Fabian the cook, lots of hugs and kisses to u guysxThe wedding planners too x Dwayne, ramain, the water aerobics guy x All the bay side waiters that looked after us there good at there job cos they don't let u pick up a plate or clean up they do everything everone makes u feel like a king or queen in beaches x I loved every minute of my stay at beaches and it should be rated a 10*. I want to go back and its only a week ago we letter. We had the rooms by the bar and stage and poil and ocean view. Don't listen to anyone who has bad things to say about beaches because its all lies. We the Francis family loved every minute of our stay it was Safe,Fun and worth every penny ! Thank you everyone for making our first time the best to remember were gonna find I hard topping that.

Room Tip: Room 1135+1136 is great its near to everything
2  Thank mfrancis403
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of Beaches Ocho Rios. We're so thrilled to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed our food, luxurious rooms and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Have been on plenty of cruises but never an all-inclusive on a property so didn't know what to expect. Had read all of the reviews and was a little nervous but once we got there we found out we had nothing to be concerned about. The people were wonderful, the food was yummy and the views were incredible. Wasn't sure if there would be enough for a 15 year old boy to do but he had a great time with all of the activities and freedom. The only reason I wouldn't give this trip a 5 is because I think the room, while nice was not as updated as I thought it would be and because I had to do alot of talking to get my son & husband on Scuba trips after they had paid for the certification. All in all we would definitely look at going back to this property. It was so relaxing yet there was so much to do!

2  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband, 4.5 year old daughter and I stayed at Beaches Ocho Rios from August 21-31. We had a wonderful time. As others have noted, the staff is what makes this resort awesome! We stayed at a condo in Ocho Rios for a few nights before moving over the Beaches. We arrived at Beaches around 9:30 AM to check in. To my surprise, our room was ready! We are Platinum level guests in the Signature Guest program and have never arrived at a Beaches or Sandals and had our room ready. Being able to get our room right away was wonderful. The room was clean and updated and the balcony provided a wonderful ocean view.

The water park is a lot of fun. On the first day, my husband and I could not get our daughter out of the pool. After 5 or 6 days, she did grow tired of the slides and we then rotated from the main pool to the beach and water park. The beach is somewhat small and my husband and I did have a little bit of island fever for a couple of days. We’ve stayed at Beaches Negril 5-6 times and it’s always nice to take a long walk on the beach to Margartiaville or somewhere on the sand. Unfortunately, you can’t do that at Beaches Ocho Rios.

We never had issues with pool/beach towel availability during our stay. I found the watersports staff to be extremely helpful and fun. The lifeguards are watching the pool, believe it or not. I saw a lifeguard rescue a young child who had taken off his life vest and run up the stairs to go down a slide. By the time mom found him, he was face down in the surge of water at the end of the slide. When the mom yelled for help, the lifeguard was already down the slide and rescuing the young boy. It happened so quickly but it was very apparent the lifeguard saw the whole thing unfold and responded quickly.

I found the food at the Bayside to be average. Everything seems a bit unseasoned to appeal to more palates which is a little unfortunate. We enjoyed dining at Eleanor’s the best. We also found the Venetian to be good as well. We tend to eat earlier in the evening and never had a wait at any of the restaurants other than the Bayside. The service in all the restaurants is fantastic!

Some of the facilities were closed for renovation while we were there (Piano Bar, Pool Bar and Arizona’s) but it wasn’t a real big deal. The pool bar was housed in a cabana tent while we were there and the bartenders more than made up for lack of in-the-pool service with their caring demeanors and smiles.

Our daughter loved the Sesame Street shows and the access to the characters. It was obvious that the characters got to “know” the children over time. Zoe always went out of her way to give our daughter a hug or a high five. Our daughter loved the character breakfast as well and we got some great photos from that event. I believe it is worth the extra money for the younger set.

The only real issues I had were related to the Signature Guest program and the fact that people can smoke anywhere and everywhere at the resort. The Signature Guest program staff failed to inform us that the Signature Guest dinner was moved from 6 PM to 12 PM to accommodate a retirement party for a manager. As we were walking to our 6 PM dinner, we were told by a waiter that the dinner was moved to a lunch. I could not believe that someone did not notify us of the change. Apparently, we were to have received a phone call and a note in our room. We received neither. I went to the desk and the Signature Guest liaison apologized and told us she would drop our t-shirts and rum in our room. Four days passed and we did not receive our shirts or rum. I finally checked with the desk the day before we were leaving and she gave us the items. It also took 7 days for our free massage certificate to be delivered to the spa. Thank goodness we had a 10 night stay or we would have missed that opportunity as well. The desk needs to be better organized and perform better customer outreach. We’ve never had such bad service from the Returning Guest program representatives during our past stays.

On the smoking front, I was extremely discouraged when the entertainment in the evening was moved into the main bar due to rain. There were at least 30 children and at least one pregnant woman in the audience. The chain smokers in the bar refused to stop smoking, even after the entertainment team kindly asked them to refrain from smoking during the show. The smoke was terrible and it seemed incredibly insensitive to the children and others who were in the bar to watch the show. I really hope Sandals will reconsider its smoking policy for the family-based Beaches resorts. So many guests are North American and used to smoking regulations. I really think it put a damper on our enjoyment of the resort’s evening entertainment, especially since our young child was constantly exposed to the smoke. At least 4 shows were moved due to the rain.

Overall, our stay was enjoyable and we will likely return to the resort. The staff really deserves a lot of credit for making this resort what it is!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1430, which is on the third floor on the west side of the resort. It had a lovely ocean view and was centrally located to everything in the resort.
4  Thank cricketdog
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My only all-inclusive experiences had been average (crowded, mass-production meals, properties abutting other properties). Until this one. I took our 9-year-old daughter for a Dad-Daughter getaway, half expecting the above. I was surprised to see the private beach cove NOT packed. The food at every restaurant fresh -- including brick-oven pizzas, smoothies, and jerk chicken. On Friday night came the coup de grace: the chocolate bar. Oh yeah. My daughter was treated like a little queen. But she also wanted (and needed) to see the real life beyond the Beaches gates. So on a Thursday we took books to a local school that Sandals/Beaches supports, and hung out with the kids. It was the highlight of our trip -- though the snorkeling, water park, endless food and drinks didn't hurt.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are more expensive, but if you can swing it, the water view in the morning and in the evening are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at Beaches Ocho Rios. We are so delighted to read that this vacation exceeded your expectations. We always strive to offer incredible experiences for our guests no matter how long they stay on property.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!