4,654 results
All reviewsbeaches ocho rioswater parkkids campmy sonthe busfamily vacationbanana boatall agesmain poolwater sportskids clubswim up barsesame streetpiano barscuba divinggift shopglass bottom boat
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We recently traveled to Beaches from Jan.27th to Feb.3rd.Wow what can i say this resort was amazing.It was our first time travelling to Jamaica.We went on my sons wish through the wish foundation.Upon arrival we were greeted with smiles and were also met by Zoey the sesame street character.Check in went smooth and was surprised to find out that they had upgraded our rooms.Stayed in rooms 1206,1207.The room was really nice with a ocean view from our balcony.Stocked fridge with a bottle of white and red wine and a bottle of champagne.Nice touch.
This resort is very much a family resort with so many parents with young children.Our kids were 15,17 and 19 but was still so much for them to do.They absolutely loved beaches.We had the greatest time all week on the banana boat with Donald the captain of the boat.What an awesome guy.He really went above and beyond to make sure the kids had a excellent time on the banana boat.The beach there was on the smaller side but that was`nt an issue.Plenty of white sand in the water when we went swimming.Plenty of shade and always plenty of chairs available.
Food- We have traveled to a few different resorts but the food provided at beaches was the best food we have ever had.We ate at all of the restaurants.Neptunes was a favorite of ours.Got to eat supper out on the pier.What a nice way to have supper.Right on the water.We also ate at the Venetian(Italian) it was very good to.We ate there twice.Good variety of choices.Really good service,Call out to Marshane a.k.a.Blindside.Eleanors was another restaurant we ate at.Same thing excellent food and service.We had two excellent servers Janice and Orane.Buffet was always good.Great breakfast every morning and ate most of our lunches at the bbq pit.Really good jerk chicken and ribs.Kids really took advantage of the Pit.
Pool- Really nice pool area.Pool was big and well looked after.Although we never used the pool as we are very much beach people.Swim up bar was good with great service from Aaron and Devon.
Overall this place was amazing and would recommend this resort to anyone.Although our kids were older we were never bothered by the fact that there was alot of children.Usually by seven in the evening you pretty much had the resort to yourselves.One other thing forgot to mention about restaurants was that you never had to reserve.It was first come first served.We never had to wait once all week.Walk in and sit right down.We hope one day to tavel back to Beaches Ocho rios again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We returned from Beaches Ocho Rios last Saturday. We had an amazing time there. Let me just say that we've also stayed at Beaches Turks and Caicos - so we were concerned that Ocho Rios wouldn't live up to that standard. Boy were we wrong! The Beaches at Turks and the Beaches at Ocho Rios are two entirely different but great experiences. This property is the perfect size to have a relaxing time. Everything is pretty much 5 minutes from everything else - so you are not exhausted by having to hike around from the beach to the water park, etc. We loved our room - a concierge luxury family suite with an ocean view. We never had to wait around for a table when we went for any meal and the food and service were excellent. The beach is small but we never wanted for a chair or space and the water sports people were very helpful. A special thanks to Delmarr who went out and pulled my son back in when he lost steam on his paddleboard. The women who work at the Kids Club are awesome. Our twin daughters were in the 5-7 age group and begged to go to Kids Club each day. Our eldest was in the 8-10 age group and he too had a great time. We never had any battle about going to kids club and so mom and dad finally got some time to relax on the beach. I don't remember everyone's name at the kids club but I do remember that Lamarr, Olwynn, Shavon, Kemonye (I'm sorry I know I missed some of these amazing ladies) were just incredible with the kids. Any time of day - morning, afternoon or night - there was something fun for the kids to do. At night the kids went to a movie night, a reggae party on Bob Marly's birthday, and a Pizza and PJ party and we went to dinner out in peace! Thank you thank you thank you to the kids club women for being so wonderful. We also had great wait staff - Glendon and Kewlyn at Elinor's one night put up with us when our kids were tired and grumpy. They never stopped smiling the whole time. We loved Neptunes and the BBQ place, too. A total "find" for us was Josephine's - we can't say enough about Orando. He made our trip memorable. He waited every night for our kids and no matter what their crazy request said "Why not?" The kids couldn't wait to get to Josephine's every night. They loved the crepes but Orando was their Main Man! We also did two different excursions. - Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Cove was nice (the property is pretty small and the beach is weak). Lots of time in the water with our dolphin and a lot of interaction with her, too. We've been to other dolphin places and never spent that amount of time with the dolphin. We went out in the Zodiacs and they let our kids "drive" them! Our driver over there - Dwyane was kind and so tolerant of our kids. We also did the Route to Reading excursion to a local elementary school. This was a highlight for us. It really opened our eyes and the eyes of our kids too. The students and staff at the school were very welcoming. The students were just beautiful kids and so smart. We read with them, took pictures and spent a bit of time learning about their lives in and out of school. I highly recommend this - it takes about 1 1/2 of your time and it's well worth it. So Ocho Rios has a lot to offer. Everyone was so nice and helpful - we were already plotting our return by the middle of the week! I should mention that we had a private transfer to and from the airport. You book it through Island Routes or Beaches directly. Our driver was Donald and he was so professional and nice. This private ride saves you from waiting on the bus when you get there and then also gets you passes to Club Mobay at the airport upon your return which allows you into an express security line (they actually helped us with the bins, etc) and then you wait for your flight being called in a private lounge. It's not much but it's clean and there were complimentary drinks and snacks and some TVs. I found out that you can also book Club Mobay prior to your arrival - they will then pluck you from the extensive and slow customs and immigration line and get you up front quickly. We will do that next time. All in all it was a great trip and the people at Beaches made it terrific. I know people complain about this and that but vacation is what you make of it. We've been on a lot of trips and I've yet to see everything work out perfectly - but at Ocho Rios - they came darn close. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 5CanucksOntheBeach
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This resort was really nice. Everyone was sooo pleasant. Dane and Dave were the best... Love it here:) the food was amazing! Wedding planner Michelle was awesome! I will definitely be coming back!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Kym5181
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just got back from Beaches Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Feb 2014). We had an amazing time. In fact, having taken Disney cruises each of the past 2 years, this was BY FAR the best family vacation.

What made it so special? Let's start with the staff. They were extremely friendly and a lot of fun. They seemed to genuinely want us to have a great time....even though it is a cashless resort so there was no tip in it for them.

The food was great and varied. A nice blend of Jamaican flavours, Mediterranean and North American dishes.

Great access to excursions. I strongly recommend the zip lining and the Sandals catamaran trip to Dunn's River Falls...true Jamaican party hospitality on this one!

The resort is undergoing a renovation and you can certainly see why/where it is needed. That said, the rooms were spacious and modern and comfortable.

The resort was spacious but not so big that you needed a golf cart to get around. In fact, it takes no more than 5 minutes to get from the beach to any where on the resort

Most importantly were the kids activities:
Great water park
Small but adequate beach with plenty of water sports
Kids camp had lots of fun, varied activities .....kiddie Olympics, swimming, sand castle volcanoes, and recycling with Oscar the Grouch!....much better than the daycare on cruise ships
And to top it all off, my son and I took a DJ class and he cut his own CD. He is only 6 but it was his favourite part.

In order to make this even a remotely balanced review, here are a few criticisms:
The seafood bisque and conch stew were a bit salty
The ride from the airport is 2 hrs long

We are definitely coming back!

Dave

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Recently my family and I stayed at beaches Ocho Rios, it was y second time to be at this resort and as much as I enjoyed it the first time I would have to say this time was so great. It truly was the best time of my life.
Im pretty sure i had half the resort convinced i worked there i remember giving a family that arrived late at night a tour of the resort. I would love to give a huge thanks to the following people who truly made this vacation for me.
Dane (Dane insane A.K.A special Dane) I believe that me and him became true great friends and I look forward to seeing him next year.
Junior junior and I met when I came for the first time ever since he has always been a great friend to me
Jamelia most of the time I was jamelia I enjoyed hanging out with her pretty much everyday and helping he with her job it was fun!
Monique I pretty much was Monique when I wasn't jamelia,
Sometimes I was both, but I did enjoy getting my but kicked by her at kinect sports
Shanikie unfortunately I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her but the moments I did were great
Shamara was always great when I was alone at one point she started making my Roy Rogers with extra cherries helped me learn how to tie cherries in a knot
Reshane he was my good friend at night I would hang with him every night I liked helping him with his job at first he wasn't comfortable with it but then e realized I really enjoyed it
Also last but not least Cleveland
He was my go to guy in the night when everyone else was asleep me and him talked every night about anything and he made a good Roy Rogers .
These people are honestly great I love them all and would love to see them all again:)!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

We're so thrilled to read that you and your family had such an incredible experience with us. We always love to hear excellent feedback from our return guests because you are already familiar with our standard and we strive to exceed your high expectations of us. I'm so glad we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay.

Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back for another wonderful experience in the near future.