“Ya mon!”

Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Beaches Ocho Rios was great Transfer from airport was long after having connecting flight but the driver was very knowledgable about the area and the history so that helped. We chose to forgo the rest stop. Resort: beautiful lots of stairs so not great for less mobile elderly folks but for us was not an issue. I like that the resort had many levels and from one part of the resort you couldn't see another part because it kept my children from wanting to roam to far since you can't see a different part of the resort. It does take alittle while to get the lay of the land.
Room: We stayed in the carribean delux family room, beautiful and huge room. The patio large enough comfortably seat 4 people.
Kids camp: awesome so many activities. There is a daily flyer that lists all of the restaurants and activities for the resort. Kids camp did change times and activities from the flyer but had a board posted for all the actives at kids camp and updated it each evening for the next day so I would just take a pic with my phone and refer to that. My children ages 4 and 5 went to kids camp everyday for around 4 hours and loved it so many themed activities. The ladies that cared for them were great.
Restuarants: Bayside buffet was our stop for breakfast, lunch and most dinners, buffets are easiest with kids. Carlos at Bayside was awesome my children adored him. The people at the fruit smoothie,omelette and pasta station were great. Most of the employees really cared and interacted with guests as much as possible. Neptunes and Elenors were fantastic while kids were enjoying sea same street show with kids camp unfortunately made mistake of bringing kids to dinner at Venetian (anti pasta bar awesome) but rushed by my childrens behavior after they filled up on anti pasta bar.
Beach: was small but resort was not busy so no problem getting seats or crowding on beach.
Pools: awesome my kids loved the swim up bar and spent hours at the waterpark. The pool next to Josaphines is quiet and great for enjoying a sweet snack while kids swimming.
Bars: the Carribean bar located on top of water sports was our favorite spot played rock from 60's to present and has a beautiful view. Main bar was great too.
Entertainment: shows great for kids, not so great for adults. But there are moe than enough to keep parents and kids entertained.
All in all a great family vacation

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Jriver1234
There are newer reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This resort was the perfect place for us to vacation with our 2 kids (ages 8 and 10) and another family. Although some of the buildings were a bit old...the activities, food, kids' activities and water park were all fantastic and provided constant fun for the whole family. The service was second to none and every employee was always smiling and asking how they could help. Finally, the best thing we did all week was rent a cabana, which provided shade from the hot sun but also came with the BEST concierge service you could hope for. Venice White absolutely MADE OUR TRIP by helping us with everything we needed all the time - making reservations, stocking our cooler, bringing us food and drinks, etc. She did it with a smile and a sense of urgency every day and we are so thankful she was there!!! We already miss her!! Marissa and Renardo were also super helpful and sweet. Thank you to the wonderful staff for providing such great memories for two very blessed families!! We highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill G
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The staff at this resort were wonderful. The bartenders at the main pool bar were awesome. Devon was lots of fun and suggested some new drinks for us to try.
Our kids (ages 5 and 7) enjoyed the camp. The evening Sesame Street shows were great for them. We found the camp to be much better than the one at Club Med Cancun.
Justin the concierge was very helpful and gracious.

My only complaint (and only reason I did not give it the 5th star) is regarding the slipperiness of the walking surface around the main pool. It was like ice when it was wet. Every member of my family including myself fell at least once. We informed the managers and they said they are looking into a solution. They did have mats down in some areas to mitigate the problem. We are planning to go back next year but I would consider not going if this problem is not solved. It is a serious head injury or broken bone waiting to happen.

Room Tip: We recommend the oceanfront rooms. They are very close to the ocean. Not set back like at many res...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RocSnowbird
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Our family of 8 (7 adults and one child) went to Beaches Ocho Rios for 7 days of sun and fun May 5-12, 2014. When you are checking websites for tropical vacations, they make them all look so great so it was hard to decide where to go. After all of us talking to our friends and travel agents, the decision was made to choose Beaches in Ocho Rios. The bus ride is long, almost 2 hrs, however, it was an interesting and educational experience that truly shows you the beauty and reality of Jamaica. Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted cheerfully and offered refreshing drinks right away. Our baggage was a bit delayed getting to our room and I had to make a call to get them (my grandson wanted his swimming trunks asap! LOL) The staff here is fantastic! We stayed in the Italian Village, room 3411 (overlooking Neptunes) and our kids stayed in the room directly below 3307, same gorgeous incredible view. Loved seeing the ocean every second we were in the room. Beautiful views, nice patio, incredible service. Enjoyed all the activities! They had a special party for the concierge rooms on one night with food and games and an awesome staff that was always cheerful and happy. Every night there was something going on. We missed the first couple nights because we didn't know about the activities but when we got our first schedule on the 3rd day, it was nice to have in the morning so we could plan our day/activities and not miss out. I think it would be nice if there was a community schedule also out by the pool so that everyone could see what was planned for they day/night without needing the paper..could save costs too to just post them and perhaps add them onto an information channel in the TV. About the 4th day we started sending our grandson who is 5 yrs old to Kids Camp. As paranoid as I am about childcare, they put me at ease and he had an absolute blast and wanted to go every day from that point forward. The only rude person we encountered was the restaurant manager at the Venetian...can't remember his name but it started with an M..maybe Marselle? Evidently when events are occurring or setting up around the restaurant, they change their entrance from the inside door to the outside door but they do not have signs stating to use other entrance. Our family entered from the indoor entrance (the time before we were redirected from the outdoor entrance) and no one was at the host booth. We stood there for awhile and decided to just go sit down at the table we had been seated a couple nights before. There were 8 of us, so we figured this was probably the only table they had for us to be altogether without rearranging a bunch of tables. After a few minutes, the manager (can't remember his name ugh) came over and informed us, "since you are already sitting down, it is ok but you must enter from the proper door and follow procedure." I was shocked by this senseless reprimand which is why I don't remember his name. After a moment of all of us staring at each other in shock, I started to say there are no signs to inform us thus it's a bit confusing when they change entrance doors but he didn't stick around to hear it. I noticed him at various times walking around the resort and I can say is that he was the only one that never smiled...ever. It makes me sad when someone of his position is so rude and it's sad he would be the one that we had the worse experience with. That being said, there are many we can remember names of because they ROCKED! They are:
Claudette - housekeeping, super nice and helpful, went out of her way to get a bucket of ice for me since the ice machines are so far away from where we stayed.
Davin and Mark - swim up bar-best drinks EVER!! These guys were always smiling, having a good time, singing as they worked. Just loved being around them.
Dave and Cleveland at the piano bar. Wow! We had SO MUCH FUN with these guys. My husband played at the piano a couple of nights and our family gathered around to sing with them and whoever else showed up. What a blast they were and fabulous drinks as well. Met 2 wonderful families through this experience as well. GREAT times there indeed!
Rupert, Orville, Everol and Marsha - bartenders with style! These folks filled our glasses and our hearts with laughter no matter what time of the afternoon, evening or early morning, they were always having a ball with us.
Debbie from Eleanors-made my Mother's Day extra special by arranging for us to sit on the balcony for our last dinner at the resort. Fantastic, food, service and view!
Orlando, Gerald, Shaushana and Lacy Ann from Josephines - fabulous crepes all day/night is a MUST for all ages!!
KIDS CAMP STAFF - can't remember names here as there were so many but all were wonderful and our grandson had a blast! The last night, we requested to make spin art as a group, they allowed us to do this after Kids Camp closed and it was a fun group activity for us and we have 8 awesome works of art we created in yet another wonderful memory.
And last but certainly not least, SueWayne from the photoshop. This gorgeous photographer took probably the most beautiful keepsake photos of our family on Mother's Day I could ever imagine. I almost didn't do this since I am a photographer myself and had been taking photos all week long but I will tell You this, DON'T MISS OUT ON A PHOTO SESSION OF YOUR ENTIRE GROUP....DO IT!!!! The session is FREE and the prices are very reasonable. That photo session at the end of our trip was the most important thing we could have done for our family and although I'd rather be on the other side of the lens, I am glad I'm in these wonderful photos with my family which will soon be hanging on the living room wall. Thank you Beaches Resort, we wished our 7 days could have been forever!

Room Tip: Italian Village - Room 3411
4  Thank TropicalNana
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We visited we our children aged 14, 21 and 23. My 14 year old son thoroughly enjoyed the scuba diving and received excellent care and tuition from Ottoy. The watersports team, especially Wes,were really friendly and helpful. Much of the food was excellent and the choice of restuarants gave a great variety, as did the special events such as the beach party when we dined on the beach. Thanks to Sherain for her sunny disposition and friendly chat while making delicious smoothies for breakfast.Thanks also to Orlando and Miguel at Josephines for their yummy crepes.To sum up, it was a relaxing and fun week and one we would happily repeat.

1  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently returned from Beaches Ochios Rios and have to say what a great family vacation, the staff there are great and would like to mention the following Claude (dive instructor)Judy (watersports desk) Wes (watersports) Gavin and Tanesha at the Bayside Restaurant, Dex, who taught myson Zac some new dance moves and DJ Pablo who came to see us of on our last day, our son, otherwise known as DJ Tick Tock appreciated the gesture.
Our only problem, we had a leak in our closet which was dealt with very quickly by the maintenance staff at 10pm, however some of our clothing did get wet and on contacting the front desk the next morning we were given "tokens" to do our laundry, as this was not our fault I felt that we shouldn't have to do our own laundry, while complaining to my husband about this Dean-Paul stepped in and took our laundry had it all washed, pressed and back to us by 6pm that night!
The only other thing I would mention is that the resort is about an hour and a half away from the airport, but it is well worth the journey.
We stayed in room 1344, had a great view of the pool and ocean

Room Tip: Room 1344 on a corner, great view of the pool and ocean
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gillian M
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just got back from our week long trip here, what more can I say that it was beyond expectations. The staff in it's entirety was beyond exceptional and go out of their way to make your day memorable. With Sasha running the entertainment Dex teaching the resort to dance and the DJ "Stuhma" I believe his name was getting the resort all on a fun pace for events, it was not hard to have a good time.

Josephine's Crepe shop was a multiple times a day stop. The staff there Gerald, Ornado and Fay-ann made every day a good start and a good ending with great conversation and general care towards our trip. Did I mention their Crepes were to die for, We recommend the Banana Nutella with Baileys/ Also if you as for a "special" with hot sauce you will not be disappointed!

Kirkland is the man at Elenor's restaurant, he and Debbie made sure we got to sit with our entire family the last night out on the patio in which is normally reserved for weddings and special events at no cost or trouble for ourselves.

Shaiane at bayside will make you probably the best smoothie you've ever had in the morning and I hate myself for forgetting his name the the Omelet stop is a hands down must.

The Venetian is a nice venue with multiple places outside to experience the food, and Although the food was great at Neptunes seafood, I was quite disappointed in the lack of choices for seafood on the menu. Nothing special at all on the menu that you could not get in the other onsite locations menus.

Bartenders, bartenders, bartenders, holy awesome. These guys and girls want you to have a very fun time while you visit their country. Big ups to our guys Devon at the swim up bar, to Orvile and Rupert at the bayside main bar, they even find you on the resort walking and get you a drink! These guys learned my name day one and searched me out the rest of the trip on a brotherly based friendship. Dave and Cleveland at the Piano bar were great with us, Dave even works at Club Liquid and got me a chance to DJ the club with the resident Spinner there.

The place is well kept and entire staff is hard at work from before sunrise well after sunset. I would highly recommend this resort to Any sized/aged family. The staff creates such a friendly environment that you feel at home in a place that is far from. Top Notch across the board.

Room Tip: We were beach side directly above Neptunes Restaurant. Minus the Chickens crowing every 1 minute aft...
1  Thank Josh M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!