“What you should know.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Fort Worth, Texas
“What you should know.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My family has now stayed at Beaches Turks & Caicos and most recently Beaches Ocho Rios.

Why stay at Beaches Ocho Rios? Simply put, it's smaller and the hospitality of the staff is amazing.

But first - planning at trip to Jamaica? Pay for the Club MoBay VIP arrival. This gets you through customs and immigration extremely fast and efficient. We did not know about this, and waited in a hot airport line for an hour.

The drive takes between 1 3/4 hours to 2 hours.

Staff- The staff was awesome. By the second day that had already remembered are names and would be quick with my favorite drinks... whether a Miami Vice or "Devon's Special". huge thanks to Devon and Arron at the Sunset Swim up bar. Beaches Ocho Rios is lucky to have these guys.

Pool - tons of activities for kids during the days and games at the pool. My son and I enjoyed playing water Polo and water volleyball. Beaches has certain staff members designated as "players", who hang out and interact with the kids and adults. Rodney and Dane were awesome! Beaches Ocho Rios is lucky to have these guys.

Water sports at Beaches- we did the snorkeling trips, glass bottom boat, 4 person catamaran , and banana boat rides. The water sports team were amazing. Make sure not to wear sunglasses on the banana boat ride, I lost my sunglasses, but the staff took the glass bottom boat out and tried to find them. Romane and Donald were awesome. Made the sports fun.

Food - food was awesome, and the fruit was out of this world. From cook to order omelets for breakfast to the coffee crusted steaks, could have asked for anything else.

Rooms- we stayed in a Oceanfront One Bedroom Concierge Suite. Room was nice and extremely clean, and the staff kept it clean for us.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Stacy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (903)
Rosedale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had our wedding moon at Beaches 5/2014 and it was truly one on the best vacation ever. The staff at Beaches went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was exceptional. The resort was small and provided an intimate atmosphere where we were able to see our guests frequently wherever they were staying at the resort. The property was well kept, staff provided customer service that was comparable to none and I have stayed at many resorts, from the front desk, concierge and the wedding team . I highly recommend this resort for a wedding or a vacation .. We can't wait to return .

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Jean T
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Beaches is a wonderful resort for families. The beach is wonderful. Water sports and water park are great. Food is great but the best is the staff. All staff went above and beyond to made our stay a wonderful experience. Jamaican people made Jamaica a great place to visit. Everyone was fantastic. Visiting duns river and falls is a must do when visiting Ocho Rios. Beaches resort and activities are highly recommended.

Room Tip: Greek village ocean front rooms have the best view.
1 Thank itorresmd
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios.
We are thrilled that you had a fantastic time at our resort and getting to know our lovely staff members. They are truly committed to providing each guest with the best vacation experience possible and they will be so happy to hear that this was absolutely true for you.
We hope you will "soon come back!
Hamilton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

As I sit in Montego Bay's Airport .... I am again reminded why we allocate our "summer vacation budget" to Beaches. From Jadeane Clarke who welcomes us back every year to Rupert who annually makes our plans easy to return .... this is a great value if you are looking for an all inclusive option. This year it was made even better when we met Orville from the Tweens Club to Jamellia who made everyday fun .... from Donald at the Watersports who took my wife and I out for a great sailboat ride .... and not to mention Rodney, Junior an Novia who actively made every event fun. Finally if you have a little one, Tashmarie is probably one of the best on property .... Justin in Concierge made every request easy ... and as we checked the front desk and taxi staff made us feel as if we we're welcome back anytime.

Hello Scott,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience at Beaches Ocho Rios with us! We can tell how much our staff members mean to you and we really appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge all of their efforts. And you are absolutely right....you are welcome back at any time and we hope it will be soon!
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staff not friendly. Dive staff poor. I would look elsewhere before you choose this resort. Kids activities were great, but te rest was mediocre. Food was very good. Seemed like the water sports people were always trying to up sell you something. I find this odd for an all-inclusive resort.

4 Thank ArtieQL
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your review of Beaches Ocho Rios.

We regret to hear that your stay at our resort was not as expected. We appreciate your input and your suggestions for improvement will be shared with the resort management team for immediate review. We are grateful for feedback, inclusive of TripAdvisor posts, as it allows us the opportunity to identify our strengths and weaknesses. Our response to feedback continues to be in word and deed. We hope that you would afford us an opportunity to demonstrate the same.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

As with all properties and vacations there are good and bad points The trip from the airport to the hotel is a full two (2) hours which wouldn’t have been an issue for my wife and me but with a 4 yr old and a 23 month old it caused problems The elevators that you almost have to take – especially if you have strollers are small and slow The food was average (nothing compared to the sister property in the Turks and Caicos) I expected to dive every day but diving was only available 2 of the 8 days I was there (although sunny outside – I was told it was weather related) I would note I had a similar experience at the Turks and Caicos When we did go out the water was beautiful and clear and the instructor (dive master) new the water/the sites/animal life The equipment was in great working condition The price is ½ - 1/3 of what we have paid at Beaches Turks and Caicos The Sesame Street Shows were great It was low season (5.7.14 – 5.14.14) so we never had to wait for cocktails, tables, chairs at the pool, or slides at the pool. Staff was wonderful: very energetic, attentive, and helpful The beach itself was dirty with tons of sea grass washing up on shore The room which overlook the gardens was amble size for the four of us the room had a stocked fridge, as well as room for extra milk Although we looked up our valuables in the safe at no point did we feel like our belongings were in danger The room was attended to twice a day (very nice bonus) If shopping for knick-knacks I would suggest buying them off property We found the price of pictures (of which we bought a ton of) on the high end (pictures are not included in the all-inclusive price) For the money this was a real bargain compared to the Turks – we would return should the opportunity present itself.

Room Tip: Aside from sleeping we didn't spend much time in the room (our room over looked the gardens) I d...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank deanhv
Crouse, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family and I just returned from Beaches Ocho Rios less than a week ago. It was an incredible experience! It was one of the best vacations we ever had! I took my two children, age 13 and 10, and my parents.
One of our sole purposes for traveling to Jamaica was that it was one of the places that meet all our needs. My son, Caleb, had been certified in diving the year before but not had the chance to dive in "salt" water. I wanted somewhere that offered various actives for my parents and my daughter while we were diving.
Mikhael Watson, from the dive shop was so patient and instrumental in my son getting to dive. Caleb has Type 1 diabetes. In the States to receive his scuba certification he first had to be released from his medical Doctor. However, in Jamaica, in attempts to keep their patrons safe, you must have an actual Doctor release. We arrived on Saturday afternoon, after five o'çlock. After filling out the forms, Mikael asked me if I had the release from his physician. When I said "no," he then explained to me their policies. I was in freak out mode at this point, as this was one of the biggest reasons we went there to begin with. Being after hours, and on the weekend, I knew it would be very difficult to get in touch with his physician in the States.
He was very kind, always smiling, and made arrangements for my son to be seen by one of the physicians on staff. The following morning my mother received a call telling us where we needed to be, and what time. Once we got the release, he made sure we got to go out that morning. All the staff at the water sports area were so pleasant and accommodating. They very quickly knew us by first name, and always greeted us with a smile!
In addition, the entire staff at this resort was top notch. Anywhere you would go on the resort, someone would always ask you if you needed assistance, and offer to personally walk you wherever you needed to go. We were always greeted with a smile and numerous offers to accommodate any needs we may have. The kitchen help was also incredible as I have super picky children! When either of my kids would ask for something weird, something different, or snarl their noses at a new dish, the servers would simply smile and ask "What would you like?" It amazed me how many of the staff knew us by first name by the the second day. Camille Williams (one of the kitchen supervisors) realized after seeing us come to the same restaurant for chocolate lava cake after dinner each night, arranged for it to be brought to us on our last night instead of having to leave one restaurant and go to another! It was extremely thoughtful and once again such a surprise that each staff member paid such attention to us! It was also nice to see someone, in numerous places cleaning things like the hand rails on the stairwells. Many mornings as we ate breakfast we would see other staff members cleaning, and scrubbing walls, rails, doorknobs, and other things most places neglect. We had an incredible vacation with nothing but excellent service and beautiful memories.

3 Thank Tammy H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,987 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!