I have been reading reviews of this resort since June ~ and was becoming increasingly nervous with all the negative reviews as our trip was approaching in October. Let me just clear up the misconception - there is NOTHING to worry about! It is a beautiful resort in a beautiful location! Was it perfect? No. In my 15 years of traveling, have I ever had a PERFECT vacation? NO!
The pool was great and never too busy. Same with the ocean/beach area. Yes, it is relatively small, but never crowded and it is that much easier to keep an eye on your children. The banana boat rides are offered everyday and you can go numerous times if you'd like. Glass bottom boat and snorkeling must be signed up the day before. The water slides were great and the lifeguards were very attentive.
Our room was just as described and expected. We had a beautiful patio overlooking the ocean (premium room - I would recommend making that small upgrade and calling ahead to request a patio/balcony and ocean view). The thermostat is right in the room so you can have it is cool as you would like. We rarely heard any neighbors so it was relatively quiet.
The nightly entertainment was loud and carried across the whole resort, but they respectfully stopped between 10-10:30pm every night. The Sesame Street shows and characters were an absolute delight.
The food was great -- the buffet had numerous selections and everything was prepared fresh. The Arizona was also great for a mid-day luncheon and dinner. The Venetian is great for an airconditioned, delicious dinner. All facilites had excellent wait staff and customer service.
We took one excursion to Dunn's River Falls and that is a MUST SEE/DO. Absolutely breathtaking and a nice break from the routine at the resort.
The Kids Kamp was great. Our 8 year old daughter begged to go everyday. Our 3 year old son is a bit more attached but we also left him on 3 occasions and he thouroughly enjoyed himself. We had a nanny come to our room one night for a couple hours and that was fine as well. You will quickly notice the nannies and child care staff are very compassionate, inviting and nurturing. No worries there!
I hope this gives some of you with an upcoming vacation relief!
We would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Hotels.com and Holiday Gems so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios