When landing in the airport we immediately located the Sandals/Beaches lounge where sodas and beer were served along with bite size food. We were also quickly greeted by nice hosts requesting our information about where we were staying. There were constant buses departing for each resort. We had to wait because my husband had to take a separate flight so we were there for about an hour, but it was a very pleasant experience. We departed the airport in a bus with a tour guide. The bus trip was a bit lengthy, about 2 hours, but our tour guide was amazing and told us A LOT about Jamaica which was quite informative and helped to pass the time quickly.
When we arrived at the actual resort, we left the bus taking NO luggage and were greeted with drinks and kind employees. We were able to check in quickly and go immediately to our gorgeous room on the ocean. Our room was better than we could have ever imagined. It was very clean, neat, and roomy inside. Also our room was stocked with beverages each day for our use which was quite convenient.
Within minutes of getting into our room, we were in the pool and swimming up to the bar. Our children at 9 and 13 and they LOVED this feature. Not only was a there a pool bar, but there was a volleyball net in the pool where there was almost a constant game for them to play in the entire time we were there.
The food was DELICIOUS at each location we went to. The breakfast buffets were terrific. A huge selection for all and really fresh food. For lunch we normally at the BBQ place because it was conveniently located between the pool and the water park. We ate at Arizona (steak house) the first night, then the Italian place the 2nd night, and the Carribean restaraunt (adults only) the last night. Each place was unique in it's own way, but the food and service at each was superb!!! I would suggest early dinners though or reservations through consierge service (upgrade if possible) because all places tended to get a little crowded.
The childrens activities were terrific. My children did not do all of them, but really loved picking and choosing what to do. My daughter LOVED the t-shirt cutting, tye-dying, and the bead and bracelet making along with the games by the pool such as the scavenger hunts. My son loved the bracelet making and the pool games the most.
The water park at Boscobel was the highlight of everyone's trip. Our entire family could not get enough. We closed it down each day at 6 pm!
We also did snorkeling which was terrific as well! We got lucky and there was a cancellation because it books up fast. You must book the day before for a lot of the water sports, so when you arrive look into that. That is something we will know to do next time.
We were able to use the fitness center daily as well. They need a few more treadmills at this location because I had to wait 2 days, but the weights and other equipment are suitable for a vacation spot. I was surprised so many people were using the fitness facility honestly.
My husband, son, and daughter were able to take in golf while there also. They said it was AMAZING. Greens fees are included but you must rent a cart and pay for a caddy. My husband LOVED the caddy because he found every ball that he lost. While golfing, I took in a massage at the Red Door Spa where Jackie gave me the most amazing massage I could have ever dreamed of. If you go there, be sure to ask for JACKIE!!!!
I would HIGHLY recommend BEACHES BOSCOBEL to anyone. I loved going on a vacation and not having to lift a finger. Drinks, food, and entertainment were right at our fingertips and a beautiful view of the Carribean Sea didn't hurt either! We hope to return to the same spot in 2 years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems and Cancelon so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios