“Great Trip!!!”

Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Reviewed 13 August 2009

First I will say this is their cheapest resort so you get what you pay for. Second, the trip was great. While the ride from the airport to the hotel can be a little scarry at some point it is ok (there is a small airport right next to the hotel that they are expanding and should be ready in about 1 1/2 years I was told, so you dont have to travel as far). The bathroom was a little run down and did need some repair but it was perfectly fine for us. The room was great and they provided a crib for my baby. There is also a mini fridge in the room which was stocked fully everyday with water soda and juice. We allowed our 11 and 6 year old to go off by themselves at times and didnt have to worry about them at all. The beach is a little small and rocky in some parts of the water but it was never crowded. The pool and water park were great. All 3 of my kids loved the water. The staff is so friendly and great. The baby and my 6 year old loved the sesame street shows and characters. The bar does get a little loud at night but the hotel was usually quiet by 11-11:30. Having the resort take your picture was very expensive and really isnt worth doing, even though they do a good job. We paid $200 for a picture frame and a cd, not even one actual picture. All in all it was deffenatley worth the money we spent a do hope to go again to one of the other resorts. Please feel free to contact me with any question.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2009

I recently attended a family wedding in Ocho Rios. Most of us stayed at the same resort as the wedding party, but because one of my nieces was under 18, she wasn't allowed to stay at that resort. We were told that my niece and a few other family members could stay at their sister property, Beaches Boscobel, which was less than 30 minutes away and allowed kids. In order to convince us to book the stay at Beaches Boscobel, we were repeatedly told the resort has free transportation between the two. This was very important to us, so we verified and re-verified that free shuttle service would be provided so we could travel back and forth between resorts. This information was repeated to several family members on several occasions. After arriving at our separate resorts, we were informed that there was in fact no free transportation between the two sister resorts, and a round trip taxi would cost over $100 USD per trip for a family of six. We were so disappointed with the reservations department. They knew full well that we were coming to attend a wedding and had we known the cost of traveling between resorts, we would have made other accommodations. I don't believe this was a simple miscommunication, but they deliberately mislead us. It not only cost us financially, but emotionally because we weren't able to spend the amount of time together we had planned. Eventually, hotel management agreed to make arrangements for free transporation on the day of the wedding so the entire family could be together for the one event that brought us to Jamaica to begin.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ShelbyChicago
Reviewed 9 August 2009

This was the best vacation ever, I went there with my sister and our 5 kids, ages 9-18 and there were NO complaints! no one was bored, and they didn't even do 1/2 the activities available. The food was excellent, a huge variety, we went to all but one restaurant, and only because it was a "dressy" one.
The staff was friendly, the rooms were big and set up really nice. There were 7 of us and not one of us wanted to leave!
The only thing is the drive from the airport was about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, but the van/bus was air conditioned and the drivers were nice, the view was beautiful, they stop about 1/2 way if you need to use the restrooms. also the greeting station in the airport is nice as well, with refreshments and it's own restrooms. I have nothing bad to say about this trip at all.
I would highly recommend this resort!

1  Thank midgetgirl619
Reviewed 8 August 2009

When landing in the airport we immediately located the Sandals/Beaches lounge where sodas and beer were served along with bite size food. We were also quickly greeted by nice hosts requesting our information about where we were staying. There were constant buses departing for each resort. We had to wait because my husband had to take a separate flight so we were there for about an hour, but it was a very pleasant experience. We departed the airport in a bus with a tour guide. The bus trip was a bit lengthy, about 2 hours, but our tour guide was amazing and told us A LOT about Jamaica which was quite informative and helped to pass the time quickly.
When we arrived at the actual resort, we left the bus taking NO luggage and were greeted with drinks and kind employees. We were able to check in quickly and go immediately to our gorgeous room on the ocean. Our room was better than we could have ever imagined. It was very clean, neat, and roomy inside. Also our room was stocked with beverages each day for our use which was quite convenient.
Within minutes of getting into our room, we were in the pool and swimming up to the bar. Our children at 9 and 13 and they LOVED this feature. Not only was a there a pool bar, but there was a volleyball net in the pool where there was almost a constant game for them to play in the entire time we were there.
The food was DELICIOUS at each location we went to. The breakfast buffets were terrific. A huge selection for all and really fresh food. For lunch we normally at the BBQ place because it was conveniently located between the pool and the water park. We ate at Arizona (steak house) the first night, then the Italian place the 2nd night, and the Carribean restaraunt (adults only) the last night. Each place was unique in it's own way, but the food and service at each was superb!!! I would suggest early dinners though or reservations through consierge service (upgrade if possible) because all places tended to get a little crowded.
The childrens activities were terrific. My children did not do all of them, but really loved picking and choosing what to do. My daughter LOVED the t-shirt cutting, tye-dying, and the bead and bracelet making along with the games by the pool such as the scavenger hunts. My son loved the bracelet making and the pool games the most.
The water park at Boscobel was the highlight of everyone's trip. Our entire family could not get enough. We closed it down each day at 6 pm!
We also did snorkeling which was terrific as well! We got lucky and there was a cancellation because it books up fast. You must book the day before for a lot of the water sports, so when you arrive look into that. That is something we will know to do next time.
We were able to use the fitness center daily as well. They need a few more treadmills at this location because I had to wait 2 days, but the weights and other equipment are suitable for a vacation spot. I was surprised so many people were using the fitness facility honestly.
My husband, son, and daughter were able to take in golf while there also. They said it was AMAZING. Greens fees are included but you must rent a cart and pay for a caddy. My husband LOVED the caddy because he found every ball that he lost. While golfing, I took in a massage at the Red Door Spa where Jackie gave me the most amazing massage I could have ever dreamed of. If you go there, be sure to ask for JACKIE!!!!
I would HIGHLY recommend BEACHES BOSCOBEL to anyone. I loved going on a vacation and not having to lift a finger. Drinks, food, and entertainment were right at our fingertips and a beautiful view of the Carribean Sea didn't hurt either! We hope to return to the same spot in 2 years!

2  Thank wrightefamily
Reviewed 5 August 2009

It was a great time shared with our children and great friends. The children enjoyed themselves so much they asked to come back.. Thank you for that !!

Reviewed 5 August 2009

I stayed at Beaches Boscobel from July 26th to August 1st. It is a beautiful place, great food and very nice people, except for the person(s) who broke into my room and stole my IPOD and childrens' clothes.
I locked all of my valuables in the room safe but left the IPOD out to charge. When I returned back 2 hours later, my room doors were wide open and my property was missing. The resort barely paid for the IPOD and didn't do anything for us for the time I wasted dealing with management and security (almost an entire day). Also, my children were upset that someone was in our room and took their clothes. Nice place, but not very secure. I dont know if I could recommend this place.

1  Thank TonyDNewYork
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Our stay at baches boscobel was fantastic. The service and food was great as well as the nightly entertainment. The emplyment was very friendly,helpful and understanding. There is alot that you can do at this resort. The room was very nice. It had a great view of the ocean and the resort it self. The amentities suc as the watr park, kiddie pool, temain pool with a stage and the restraunts were fabulous. The loction is fine. It is in a town called Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Eventhouh the resot is a two hour drive from the airport and atwenty minute drive from the golf course it is well worth it. The golf is incldwithon the price as well as everything else on the resort like the foo,drinks, transfers to and from the airport in Montego Bay. It cost alot of monebu it was very relaxing vacation in awsome weather for a week.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
#7 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!