We have just returned from 2 weeks staying at Beaches Boscobel (7th July - 21st July) and have had a wonderful holiday there.
The staff were the friendliest bunch and nothing was too much for them to do. We were in room 2114 right on the beach and Karen our chambermaid was an absolute star! Always happy and smiling and willing to have a chat with you. The room was always spotlessly clean with towels and linen changed daily.
The concierge service is great and Karen and StaceyAnne do a fab job - although not too sure about the bingo at the cocktail party!
Our children aged 6 and 8 went to kids camp and couldn't get enough of it - going back to play games in the evening which gave us some quality adult time together. Dawnette and Tashmarie were there 2 favourite staff members and they were fantastic with the children. The kids camp is very well run and fully organised so that they fill every minute of the day. Olivia particularly liked the arts and crafts and Tshirt dyeing. They both made lots of little friends there and are now constantly emailing across the world to them.
The food was excellent and the chefs would always make something a bit special for you in Bayside - Delroy and Michael were complete stars. We tried Eleanors and the food was very good and also Arizona and the BBQ park but we ate mainly in the Bayside restaurant. The waiting staff are very efficient and great fun too.
We spent most days on the beach as the pool tended to be quite crowded and noisy but the kids loved the childrens pool and the slides - and also the help yourself ice cream machine and slush puppies - kid heaven!
All the bar staff were good fun and Sean can make a mean cocktail or 2 - leave it up to her and she makes it up as she goes along!
My only niggle with the hotel is regarding the sunset cruise. We tried twice to book for a family cruise but it was full so went on standby. The boat takes about 26 people but on the day only 9 others bothered to turn up! Some had cancelled and some were no shows so we got on and had a fabulous trip. The guys were a real laugh and the swimming at James Bond beach as the sun was setting was wonderful. I can't understand why people would queue up from 7.30 in the morning to book the cruise and then not bother turning up and so deny others a space. My advise if you are told that the cruise is full is to turn up at 4.45 p.m and ask to go on standby and you are sure to get on.
I agree with another reviewer that some people are incredibly NOISY and shout at each other from across the beach or pool but then the English are always quiet......and not used to the volume of the some of the guests!
The weddings were sweet to watch but we got a bit bored by the time of the 6th one on a Saturday! Bet the vicar is well paid!
Dunns River Falls is a must to go on - you can hire shoes there for $5 a pair which was great bonus but the DVD for $40 was a bit steep but at least showed that we all had a good time!
All in all we had a lovely time at Beaches and would certainly recommend it to families with young children ( the teenagers all seemed to just mope about but then that is what teenagers do!)
It is a long flight from London but well worth it and the road isn't too bad now from the airport - we were amazed at how much it had improved in our 2 weeks. One word of advice is that our plane was the last of the night at 23.50 and all the shops were shut at the airport so buy any souveniers in resort.
Thanks to everyone at the hotel for making our break such fun and so relaxing - you are a credit to the hotel.
Liz Mason - London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios