“Another fantastic Christmas!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Welland, Canada
“Another fantastic Christmas!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Johanne does a fantastic job of making you feel like family. This was our second family Christmas spent at Moxons and our third time staying at the hotel. It is a little out of the way (short cab ride from Ocho Rios, long cab ride from Montego Bay airport) but if you want to get away to relax and explore the "real" Jamaica, this is the place to go. Very personal service. Breakfast tends to be a bit long in arriving, but we always occupied our time waiting by playing backgammon or walking down to one of the 2 piers jutting into an amazingly blue/green ocean. We have made friends of many of the staff as well as local Jamaicans (met on our long walks up the mountain to Content, down to the beach at Rio Neuvo and into Oraccabessa) whom we visit every time we come to Jamaica. This is not your big, resort-style hotel and that is exactly why we love it so much!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenda L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

There was a bit of an issue with the booking process but it eventually was taken care of. We were asked by the owner to go down to the restaurant area and wait for the room. We are greeted with this "Amazing" view that frankly had me speechless for a moment. Beautiful location, the staff was very nice, very quiet! I snorkeled for my first time. I had to chance to play a game of pool. The overall experience at this location was great! The food took a little longer than expected but the meals were delicious. The bartender Omar made some of the best drinks I've had in years! Again the view is breathtaking! I recommend waking up early and just sitting out on the balcony and just take it all in. 15 min drive to the Ocho Rios Beach! If your looking to dance Margaritaville is a 20 minute drive from the hotel. (not too far from the beach) I plan to go back at the end of the year!

Thanks, Johnny Hill

Room Tip: We stayed in room 306 right next to the gong, which I thought was pretty cool. 3 Beds 1 Queen, 2 Ful...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Rooms are great, staff are friendly.... Food was very poor. Place was empty, very over priced. viinigar holder was very dirty, and the bar man sliced the lemon and used his finger to drop into drink! Would not recommend to friends or family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anne H
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

What a lovely spot! If you want to go to a private boutique hotel that you can get away from everything and relax, this is the spot. Every room was one of a kind and unique and clean(and I had a chance to look at few of them). The service was excellent and the hostess wonderful. Love this spot!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank belleneil
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We arrived very late after a four-hour odyssey from Montego Bay via Appleton Estate. Even though the hour was late we were well received, greeted personally by the owner, and upgraded to two great rooms. The morning can be spent sitting on the balcony with a great view of the ocean, the fishermen, and the seabirds. The dining room offers a great breakfast. It takes a while but that's kind of the point. What's the hurry?
The place and the pace really grows on you after a few days (we stayed four). It feels like you are a guest at a friend's beach-side mansion, mahogany stairs and an old bookcase add to the ambiance, and that any moment a guy will order a martini from the bar, shaken not stirred, and say, "The name's Bond...James Bond." There's even a nearby beach called James Bond's beach. This is a great place if you want to get away from it all, and Ocho Rios is just a short, five dollar cab ride away. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Get an ocean view if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pittpaul
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The lavish but quant hotel From the James Bond movie took my breath away.
$25ea way from MBJ airport and 1 1/2 hours to Resort. Our gracious host and Owner Ms Mack gave us a warm welcome upon arrival to Moxons with some sparkling water and a cool damp washcloth.
Most rooms wifi
June through November rainy season.
Has a great Snorkeling beach

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank GotAGoTravel
Maryland
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I recommended the Moxons Beach Club to a couple of friends almost two years ago. The hotel is only about three miles from the beautiful home of my dear friends where my family and I stayed. This time I needed total relaxation after a fast pace year. I checked in Aught 31 to September 4, 2012. It was like I struck gold, the staff was amazingly friendly and attentive to my every needs. The charm of the hotel with its own private beach, kayaks, music videos at the pool at night and star gazing. My room (405) on the top floor over looks the entire beach area, spectacular view. Coincidentally, it appears that the Moxons is under the orbit of several satellites, I counted 7 satellites in one night sitting on the deck star gazing. Since my stay was the slow season, I was given even more special attention and that's great when ordering a drink at the beach. The Moxons has a special charm that exudes character. I did venture into Ocho Rios and that's a quick eighteen minutes and about $120 Jamaican. It's a boutique hotel without frills of an all inclusive but a joy to experience just like the tasty pomegranates on property. Total R & R.

Room Tip: Room 405 has the best view with its adjacent room. Also room 102, closer to the beach and dining, i...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Willis R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Jamaica Inn
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge
#10 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

Been to Moxons Beach Club? Share your experiences!