I stayed here as part of a school group for two nights. First of all, the tours that we went on were great and all the guides are really fantastic. You must do the night hike! However, the lodging left a little to be desired. The first evening around nightfall my room became home to many flying insects I was later told were termites. They were literally everywhere. Then I was stepping into the shower and found a two huge spiders. Now, you are in the middle of a rainforest, so a few bugs are expected. They all appeared to be coming from the gap under the door, so the second night I stuffed a bath towel underneath it and walla! no bugs. That gap is something that could be easily fixed with a piece of plastic. Also, the bathroom seemed worn-out and hot water was very unpredictable. Overall, the tours and educational experiences here are must-do, but the lodging is not the greatest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sarapiqui region, the Tirimbina Rainforest Lodge along the Sarapiqui River, is contiguous to a Biological Reserve of 852.5 Acres.We offer 12 comfortable rooms with A/C, safe deposit box, hot water, WI-FI, and phone. Enjoy our welcoming atmosphere and discover the exciting tropical forest, walking along several trails and suspension bridges of tropical forest and river discoveries from our study trails and bridges.Services (Restaurant, laundry , 24h security, a be-lingual staff welcomes)Facilities (souvenir shop, parking lot, A/C conference room, library, internet access) Attractions: (More than 9km trails, chocolate tour, bird watching, bat program, self walking tour, guided tour, night walking tour, eco education programs, volunteer and research opportunities and more) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Tirimbina Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tirimbina Hotel La Virgen
- Tirimbina Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica - La Virgen