I picked my daughter up at the airport at 1:00 and was taking the chocolate tour by that afternoon. They did a great job demostrating the traditional method of making chocolate and encouraged audience participation. You even get to taste some. You are sitting in the middle of old cacao planation, surrounded by rainforest. I watched an agouti. The bird watching was good although it rained in the rainforest, imagine that. Close enough to walk to, the nearby Nature Pavilion has a covered seating area for watchng and photographing.The rooms were basic, but just fine. I really liked the sound of the rain running down the rain chains. The view from their hanging bridge was an exciting way to look at the rainforest. The staff was very helpful and frienly when I emailed them with my many questions before my trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sarapiqui region, the Tirimbina Rainforest Lodge along the Sarapiqui River, is contiguous to a Biological Reserve of 852.5 Acres.We offer 12 comfortable rooms with A/C, safe deposit box, hot water, WI-FI, and phone. Enjoy our welcoming atmosphere and discover the exciting tropical forest, walking along several trails and suspension bridges of tropical forest and river discoveries from our study trails and bridges.Services (Restaurant, laundry , 24h security, a be-lingual staff welcomes)Facilities (souvenir shop, parking lot, A/C conference room, library, internet access) Attractions: (More than 9km trails, chocolate tour, bird watching, bat program, self walking tour, guided tour, night walking tour, eco education programs, volunteer and research opportunities and more) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Tirimbina Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tirimbina Hotel La Virgen
- Tirimbina Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica - La Virgen