“All the pineapple you can eat!”

Finca Corsicana Pineapple Farm
Mount Pleasant
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“All the pineapple you can eat!”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I went on a class trip from San Jose to the pineapple farm. It took us 2 hours to get there, but there was a lot of road work, so it probably takes 1 hr 30 minutes to get there from SJ. The tour cost me $18 and I'd say I got my monies worth. They choose the best pineapple and offer it to you until you can't eat anymore. The tour itself wasn't spectacular but it wasn't bad. We spent about 4 hours there and I was not really ever bored with the tour, but I guess it wasn't exciting either, it was just good. I'd say if you like pineapple and want to learn about how its produced in Costa Rica, there isn't a better place to go to. I'd especially recommend making this part of your trip if you spend more than a week in Costa Rica. Getting there by yourself may be hard, try and call them to ask for directions

Visited March 2013

Houston, Texas
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“You're not in Texas anymore”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This place is owned by Colin Street Bakery in Corsicana, Texas, where some of us have been ordering fruitcakes for years. Now we know where their pineapple comes from. What's left is sold elsewhere, of course. It was an interesting and educational tour, followed by virgin piñacoladas and what else? Slices of fruitcake, of course! Everything our mothers told us about picking a ripe pineapple at the store was wrong. Sorry, moms. The secret is to look for the biggest "eyes" on the pineapple, whether the pineapple is dark green or not. Helps if the pineapple has a slightly yellow bottom, but really, the eyes have it. Worth doing.

Visited December 2012
West Bloomfield, Michigan
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Yummy tour, but not a destination”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We had reservations for this tour between our first hotel and second, so this was a stop along the way. Have to say we were glad it was a detour and not the reason for our drive. Our tour guide was Michael, who was informative but seemed a little scattered. The tour consisted of mostly showing us the pineapples in the field, how they are brought in cleaned, sorted, and packed them for shipping. Because we were the only two people on the tour (they have a trailer that could hold more like 60 people) the tour took 2 hours, but was a lot of standing around. We probably could have done this tour in 30 minutes, but I think Michael felt like we had to get our time, so much of our tour was repeating and eating. I'm sure this tour would take much longer with a larger group which is why they say it is 1-2 hours.

The best part is boy, did we have TONS of pineapple!!! We did learn how to pick good pineapples, and the fresh fruit was amazing (as well as the pineapple drinks at the end) but don't go here expecting to have any "wows" except from your tastebuds.

(A couple side notes: Michael was also training another tour guide. So many times the other guide would say something and then Michael would repeat it. Patience is a virtue, but it was somewhat draining to hear everything twice. Michael also asked--because we had rented a car-- if he could have a ride back to the main road after the tour. Now we agreed to this because we really felt mean saying no, but it was unprofessional, and let's be honest... would you want a stranger with a machete in your car?)

Visited July 2012
Keller, Texas, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Colin Street Bakery in the jungle!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Tour the organic farm! Our guide, Roy, was so good and made our tour very enjoyable. The process is fascinating!! The virgin pina coladas and snacks at the end of the tour were good, too. We also saw many birds to check off our lists.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank KaylaP385
Wilmington, Delaware
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Pineapples galore”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was the first tour I took in CR. It was interesting since I had never been to a pineapple plantation. The best part was being served fresh pineapple straight from the field and learning how to pick the best pineapple

Visited March 2012