The Sarapiqui Rainforest Lodge buildings are unique; six+- rooms are in a circular cone shaped building with a palm frond roof. The rooms are comfortable with a common covered porch (with chairs) that surrounds the perimeter of the building. Lighting levels are quite low, but this seems to be a common occurrence in Costa Rica. After all, you are in an ecolodge which strives to be environmentally friendly. For example, they are replacing the natural palm fronds with ones made of plastic (you can't tell the difference) in order to eliminate cutting down palm trees. The grounds are very nice and there is a small pool outside the main building which houses Reception, the bar, and the restaurant. The lodge is adjacent to the Tirimbina Biological Reserve. You really feel like you are in the rainforest. Birdwatching is great; there are hundreds of different birds that you will see just walking the grounds or sitting on your porch. You can cross the river on an 860 foot long swinging bridge and wander through the rainforest on a variety of trails (a guide is recommended, particularly since they can identify flora and fauna for you as well as get you back safely). We also went to a presentation on the many different kinds of bats one evening; got to touch several bats that had been caught by the researchers at the biological reserve. Food was quite good; the ever prevalent buffet for tour groups. You can expect rice and beans as part of just about every buffet. All in all, a very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SarapiquiS Rainforest Lodge, built as a pre-Columbian village and because of an outstanding concept of ecotourism and conservation of indigenous culture - a unique model in Ecotourism in Costa Rica. Proudly we have level three in Certification for Sustainable Tourism, officially certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) The hotel has six ecological structures Palenque type: four units for bedrooms, one with air-conditioned rooms, Amphitheatre and a central building with lobby, restaurant, bar, a photo gallery, administration and boutique gifts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Hotel La Virgen
- Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica - La Virgen