We stayed at the hotel (now the Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge) for two nights as part of a two-week tour of Costa Rica. The location is terrific, very secluded in the middle of tropical rainforest, and right above the Sarapiquis river. The hotel facilities were also very nice -- good restaurant, great swimming pool, etc. Meals also were very good. However, there are some negatives. The structures are starting to show some wear. For example, the thatched roofs on several buildings have substantially shredded, and the black plastic tarp was the only covering. Also, our rooms were very poorly designed and furnished -- poor lighting, no chairs, awkward bathroom setup -- but they were clean and air-conditioned. The bottom line is that the room was not such a negative as to detract from the lodge's excellent location and other facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SarapiquiS Rainforest Lodge, built as a pre-Columbian village and because of an outstanding concept of ecotourism and conservation of indigenous culture - a unique model in Ecotourism in Costa Rica. Proudly we have level three in Certification for Sustainable Tourism, officially certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) The hotel has six ecological structures Palenque type: four units for bedrooms, one with air-conditioned rooms, Amphitheatre and a central building with lobby, restaurant, bar, a photo gallery, administration and boutique gifts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Hotel La Virgen
- Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica - La Virgen