We stayed here July 16-18, 2009. This is definitely a unique place in terms of the architecture motivated by pre-columbian dwellings. Reminded me a bit of the architecture of my ancestral village in India.
The staff were incredibly friendly. We were a family of four. The room was ok though a bit small for 4. They have us 2 double beds and two single beds. An extra fan would have made it a bit more comfortable. While my wife and I were comfortable, our kids had a tougher time (w/ no AC).
Location wise, it is very conveniently close to the Tirimbina reserve, literally a stone's throw. So most of the activities run by the reserve are easily accessible. We did the chocolate tour (highly recommend it), morning bird watching tour (very good but partly rained out). The architectural tour and museum on the grounds are also interesting. The guides at the reserve are very good.
The restaurant on the premises is nice. We ate a couple of meals here. Just a mile or so away on the main road is a very good Mexican restaurant (La Rojo Rana).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SarapiquiS Rainforest Lodge, built as a pre-Columbian village and because of an outstanding concept of ecotourism and conservation of indigenous culture - a unique model in Ecotourism in Costa Rica. Proudly we have level three in Certification for Sustainable Tourism, officially certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) The hotel has six ecological structures Palenque type: four units for bedrooms, one with air-conditioned rooms, Amphitheatre and a central building with lobby, restaurant, bar, a photo gallery, administration and boutique gifts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Hotel La Virgen
- Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica - La Virgen