Arrived after a very long trip, didnt realise that the road past Poas volcano has been closed for many months since an earthquake, so had to return to Heredia and then take highway 32 and 4, which once we were on them, were pretty quick.
Only two other couples were staying at the hotel. When we arrived the receptionist, female, was less than happy to see us. The 3 available tours are all over priced and a waste of time. The archeological site is a few holes in the ground surrounded by stones in an unkempt garden. The botanical garden has no flowers, which could be the time of year, but the path was treacherous as very slippery. The museum was also closed.
The swimming pool looked toxic and uninviting. We had planned to stay for 3 nights, but checked out after one as we had no water or electricity throughout our stay. The evening buffet was non existent too. We were offered salad for a starter, followed by either meat or fish for main. No menus, significantly overpriced at 15 dollars.
The only positive from the stay was an excellent guided trip in to Tirimbina with a guide called Willy who really new his stuff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SarapiquiS Rainforest Lodge, built as a pre-Columbian village and because of an outstanding concept of ecotourism and conservation of indigenous culture - a unique model in Ecotourism in Costa Rica. Proudly we have level three in Certification for Sustainable Tourism, officially certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) The hotel has six ecological structures Palenque type: four units for bedrooms, one with air-conditioned rooms, Amphitheatre and a central building with lobby, restaurant, bar, a photo gallery, administration and boutique gifts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Hotel La Virgen
- Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica - La Virgen