I was really looking forward to our stay in this hotel. The pictures from the site were so nice (traditional wooden cabins , wonderful swimming pool. Driving in the lane to the hotel we saw the tops of the roofs were in plastic, and the garden wasn't so well maintained anymore. After a night sleeping I was full of bites on my arms. Checking the matrass, just a simple sheet was covering the matrass, and I so all dirty spots man man man ... and small black things were to be seen on the sheet. I went to the reception, and they were not surprised... but tried to find a solution. Wonderful service of them ! We could change from room to the backside of the hotel. A kingsize bed, great clean and newer bathroom, thicker towels, and clean matrass ! Talking to our neighboor she mentioned that she was traveling with a group of americans and that their guide had arranged the best rooms for them. Check this out before booking !
In all we are pleased with the service of the hotel, and a wonderful relax with a cocktail at the swimming pool. Start bird watching !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SarapiquiS Rainforest Lodge, built as a pre-Columbian village and because of an outstanding concept of ecotourism and conservation of indigenous culture - a unique model in Ecotourism in Costa Rica. Proudly we have level three in Certification for Sustainable Tourism, officially certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) The hotel has six ecological structures Palenque type: four units for bedrooms, one with air-conditioned rooms, Amphitheatre and a central building with lobby, restaurant, bar, a photo gallery, administration and boutique gifts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centro Neotropico Sarapiquis Hotel La Virgen
- Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge Sarapiqui, Costa Rica - La Virgen