We did spent 2 nights in this marvellous place in August 2012. First surprise was the wonderful location, really in the middle of nature between forest, bush and a small creek. The next good thing was the welcome by the owner, Jean-Pierre. Not only did he make us feel at home, but we got a detailed explanation about the area and the possibilities to explore it at best. Our room was very nice, and the decoration was "in style" and tasteful. No airco, but a ventilator could keep it comfortable. The experience of a tropical rain- and thunderstorm while sitting outside on the patio, is one that you would not like to miss. Also not to miss is the dining at the outside restaurant : with a view on the creek and a small alligator looking at us from litterally only 10 feet away, the kitchen surprises with traditional local dishes with a modern flavour. A good selection of wine makes the evening complete and makes you ready for a quiet night in this paradise. Don't miss out on the recommended excursions to "Frogs' heaven" where you will be turned into an expert on these wonderful Costa Rican animals, or the "Night Walk in the rainforest", a bit scary but fascinating to walk around between giant ants, colourful spiders and snakes crossing your way once in a while. The swimming pool is a bit cold, but this was compensated by the sight of a Jesus Christ Lizard walking across over it ! Definitely a place where Costa Rica is at its best !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the foothills of the impressive Braulio Carrillo National Park, the Spanish colonial-built Hacienda La Isla Lodge is very well located in the center of numerous top attractions of Costa Rica.A perfect gateway for your visit to the rainforests and the adventure sites (rafting, canopy, horseback riding, etc.) of Sarapiqui, the exotic Caribbean beaches, the active volcano Arenal or the world famous Tortuguero canals and sea turtles. Guests will encounter the mysteries of the rainforest while enjoying a comfortable stay in the historically designed rooms of the hacienda. Hacienda La Isla lodge is a unique departure from the common tourism experience in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hacienda La Isla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda La Isla Hotel Horquetas
- Hacienda La Isla Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui