I stayed here back in 2010 for nearly 6 weeks as I was working in the area. I absolutely loved my stay here. I felt at home. The owner Jean-Pierre and his family are fantastic hosts along with the amazing service of his chambermaid/cook. The lodges have a boutique feel and therefore never overcrowded. The swimming pool feels like it is almost set amongst the forest and each morning we took a dip before work a monkey would swing down and play from the over-hanging branches.....idealic....there was wildlife everywhere and Jean-Pierre would always be on hand to inform us of every creature. Everything had an outdoors feel, from the tv room to the bar and restaurant areas....all connected with little stoned pathways. This would also make a very romantic stay and I will definitely return some day soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the foothills of the impressive Braulio Carrillo National Park, the Spanish colonial-built Hacienda La Isla Lodge is very well located in the center of numerous top attractions of Costa Rica.A perfect gateway for your visit to the rainforests and the adventure sites (rafting, canopy, horseback riding, etc.) of Sarapiqui, the exotic Caribbean beaches, the active volcano Arenal or the world famous Tortuguero canals and sea turtles. Guests will encounter the mysteries of the rainforest while enjoying a comfortable stay in the historically designed rooms of the hacienda. Hacienda La Isla lodge is a unique departure from the common tourism experience in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hacienda La Isla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda La Isla Hotel Horquetas
- Hacienda La Isla Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui