We stayed here for 2 nights but were unable to really take advantage of the grounds as we left early each morning and returned late each evening. This was a little disappointing as the various trails around the hotel looked very appealing.
The accomadation is a little on the basic side but clean and very comfortable. However the hospitality supplied by the owner Jean-Pierre and his staff is first class especially the meals. The palm heart soup we had one night was to die for!!!.In fact all the meals were extremely enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the foothills of the impressive Braulio Carrillo National Park, the Spanish colonial-built Hacienda La Isla Lodge is very well located in the center of numerous top attractions of Costa Rica.A perfect gateway for your visit to the rainforests and the adventure sites (rafting, canopy, horseback riding, etc.) of Sarapiqui, the exotic Caribbean beaches, the active volcano Arenal or the world famous Tortuguero canals and sea turtles. Guests will encounter the mysteries of the rainforest while enjoying a comfortable stay in the historically designed rooms of the hacienda. Hacienda La Isla lodge is a unique departure from the common tourism experience in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hacienda La Isla Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda La Isla Hotel Horquetas
- Hacienda La Isla Lodge Costa Rica/Sarapiqui