“Brilliant!”
Review of Alcantara Resort

Alcantara Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gaggi
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at Alcantara Resort for 15 days and enjoyed every minute of it... What a great place, with a breathtaking view of the Etna, especially during the night! The rooms are beautiful and are kept perfectly clean every day. It was a treat to get up for breakfast every day. Not only because of the great food (including 10 different fresh pies!), but also because of Carmello making us lovely coffee every morning, whilst giving us useful advice for nice day trips. Alcantara Resort is a perfect base for visiting many beautiful places in Sicily... Besides the beautiful scenery of the hotel, let us not forget to mention the incredible hospitality of the owners and Luigi, we have never seen anything like it. They were always willing to help, for example when our car broke down...
Altogether, one of the best holidays we've experienced!
A special thanks to Melissa, a wonderful receptionist who became a good friend along the way...

Patrick & Aline Merel from Holland

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Alcantara Resort

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have just spent 11 nights at this superb resort. Having been a professional wind surfer in the past , I have traveled all over Europe and This Hotel / Resort , Is by far the very best that I have had the privilege to stay at. I cannot wait to return !. The rooms are all very well furnished and are more than large enough and have a great balcony , with superb views. The swimming pool is out of this world , so inviting for a lovely swim. We used the restaurant in the evening and the food and service were excellent. Getting up for breakfast was something that we looked forward to as it was so good, with a vast choice of food, which kept us going all day. The gardens are superb especially the lawns which I found so special. There is plenty of car parking space What makes this resort so very special is the management and staff. They are all so very kind and so helpful and made us feel completely relaxed . I would like to thank them all but especially Carmelo who went out of his way to help us. The one person who really stands out at the resort is Melissa , she is the receptionist and words alone cannot describe her. She is so fabulous , lovely , kind and beautiful .She is a real asset to the Alcantara resort and a fabulous ambassador for Sicily.. I can recommend this as the best place to stay in Sicily and I shall be going back again and again. Ciao Amici.

Room Tip: Superior room was just superb !!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

In a few weeks time we will go for the third time to stay at Alcantara Resort. The Hotel is absolutely great. Beautifull, well equiped rooms in little buildings in a beautifull landscaped garden and a great pool. The breakfast is very extensive accompanied with great coffee or cappuchino. Dinner is also great. But the real treat of this lovely place is it's people. Everybody who works at Alcantara is very kind and helpfull, so you can enjoy and relax! Going back there is like coming home.

Room Tip: Rooms are al great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElviMaessen
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I spent two weeks at the Alcantara in September, 2013. This stay was my second stay in two years. I am a single sixty-six year old Canadian male traveler and I have traveled quite extensively in Italy in the past four years. This hotel is, by far, my favourite of the numerous similarly priced hotels at which I've stayed.

The major reason for my rating is the good nature of the people who own and operate the facility. They all have an understanding of their roles and requirements but, go far beyond those roles by demonstrating a genuine interest and concern in and for the patrons of the hotel.

The hotel is ideally located for my particular desires and preferences for recreational travel. Among other things, I want to use a car. The Alcantara is outside of the traffic crush of larger Sicilian towns and makes everyday driving (for a North American) much less stressful. There is ample, free and easy parking at the Alcantara. The hotel is about a ten minute drive from a junction with the major Sicilian highway system that will take one to any part of the island in a matter of hours. Taormina, a jewel of a tourist destination, is fifteen minutes away.

The physical and service aspects of the hotel reflect the personality of the owners. They are gregarious, fun loving, and humorous while being precise and hard working. The hotel is anything but "stiff". The rooms and the grounds are spotless. The food served in the restaurant is delicious. The place makes for "good times".

I really hope to get back there soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Clyde H
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Having travelled in Europe frequently, I'm used to thinking "what will be wrong with this hotel? The shower? the breakfast? the bed?" and this is one of those places where everything was beyond perfect.
Our room was more than large enough with a fantastic bed and lush sheets, the shower was large and came with excellent amenities, and everything was spotlessly clean.
The grounds are extremely well manicured, and the infinity pool is beautiful (they have a spot in there where you can sit on built in benches and enjoy some whirlpool jets). We also enjoyed playing some tennis on our last day (the court can be reserved so check with the front desk).
We also enjoyed dinner here one night, and the food was only surpassed by the service. Truly, the best past of staying here was the service. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating, beyond anything I've experienced in Europe or even the US!
In addition, there was the greatest breakfast. Fresh cut fruit, fruits in syrup, cakes, breads, yogurt, cheese, fresh ricotta, cereal, fresh squeezed blood orange juice, and of course the espresso bar which served us one of our favorite cappuccinos.

Lastly, I have read some past reviews, and I believe that they have made significant improvements as we had a fantastic AC unit and wifi was free (although I would recommend finding a way to have free wifi on the entire grounds of the hotel, we had it in our room and in a few select spots).

We had walked in the day before and were very lucky that they had availability for the 2 nights we had left on our honeymoon. Thank you so much for making the end of our trip so memorable, and we hope ot be back one day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Hello!

I would like to share with you my emotions regarding one charming hotel which is called "Alcantara Resort" and in which I have already stayed for three times!! I have just come back from Sicily and would like to make a new review. My last review described the hotel at all and this time I prefer to pay more attention to the staff. They are really high-educated persons in the field of hospitality. My special gratitude to the nice charming and kind-hearted girl Melissa, which works on reception. I have never met such hospitable, helpful, positive, hardworking and responsive person on this position. She really knows her job and what is more.. she loves it a lot! When both these factors are united, the best result is guaranteed. Melissa has an individual approach to the clients, which is definitely important in her sphere. In my opinion her work is perfect! I also would like to add that I appreciate and feel gratitude towards Luigi (regarding this outstanding person I can write a special review as I need more space to describe him), Assunta, Angelo, Emanuela and many others!
I recommend you to choose "Alcantara Resort" if you plan to spent your holiday or any other kind of trip on Sicily. It is definitely worth visiting!! ))

Maria

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mariia M
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The modestly sized resort on beautifully kept grounds was a wonderful place for a holiday. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely suggest the Alcantara Resort to anyone looking to explore this corner of such a beautiful island.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Malelt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaggi
Il Picciolo Etna Golf Resort & Spa
Il Picciolo Etna Golf Resort & S...
#1 of 4 in Castiglione di Sicilia
#2 of 2 in Motta Camastra
D'Orange D'Alcantara
D'Orange D'Alcantara
#1 of 1 in Francavilla di Sicilia

Been to Alcantara Resort? Share your experiences!