“The property is nice- Location is poor”
Review of Bacio del Sole B&B

Bacio del Sole B&B
Ranked #4 of 5 Nocelle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This B&B was very nice for the price. We were on a budget, so I was very happy to find a place in such an amazing place in Italy for such a low cost. The staff was very friendly, our room was large and clean. The view is amazing, although the patio needed some tender loving care such as weeding and a sweep. The breakfast is nice as well. My one negative review of the hotel is that they don't leave any lights on the stairway or entrance. Coming home at night we had to get out our flashlight on our cellphone to see anything.. Besides that we were satisfied with Bacio del sole.

What I did not know before staying in Nocelle is that the location is very far from Positano. Its way up on top of the mountain.. Other reviewers mentioned a "15 minute bus ride" and that is not true. The bus ride (at night with not many other riders and stops) would take at least 30 minutes. The bus goes down through the mountain and picks up all of the locals that need to go to work or whatever.. So sometimes it would take 45 minutes or more! Going back up at the end of the day you have to wait with a huge crowd of people that all squeeze onto the bus. People push and shove getting on since it is small and sometimes couldn't fit everyone who was waiting!

Positano is a beautiful, fun little town with tons of restaurants and shopping. Nocelle is NOT a town! Its literally a cliff.. with a few bed and breakfasts, 2 restaurants (Although the one restaurant - Santa Croce is amazing!!!) , one tiny little store, and a parking lot. There is no way to "walk" down to the beach as other reviewers have mentioned... You have to hike down on the path of gods which can take over an hour depending on how fast you can go. I also pictured all of the hotels located in Positano with stairs leading to the beach.. That is also not the case. There are streets that weave through the village that are lined with shops and cafes. You can easily just walk down to the beach on the street if you don't want to endure the stair cases. If I could go back in time, I would no doubt book a place in Positano and not Nocelle. If you are looking for peace and quiet, are interested in hiking, and don't plan to go down to the beach and town very much, then I think Nocelle would work for you. But it was not what we were expecting and we were disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda T
There are newer reviews for Bacio del Sole B&B

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spend very nice 12 days in this b&b. The hotel is 15 min from Positano by scooter and located in a beautiful place. The view is amazing! Breakfast was simple but very tasty. Room has a mini kitchen, so you can cook something, also room have a privat garden, where we had breakfast. I recommend this place for active people because you have to overcome a lot of stairs to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We booked our room one month before arriving, based on Trip Advisor photos and their website. The owner requested our cellphone number right away but we thought we might rent a phone so we asked her to wait. We also asked her to hire a driver to take us to Naples at the end of our stay and she did so immediately. She was pleased to hear from us 3 days before arriving in Nocelle, with our cell numbers, once we were in Italy. We also asked her to change the time and destination with our driver and that was no problem. When we arrived she showed us around and gave us a user-friendly bus timetable. Before booking, based on a review that said the rooms were small, I had showed my partner a picture on their website and asked, "does this look big to you?" He replied no, and said it looked great. So we weren't surprised by the size of our room at all, and we loved it so much. It was plenty big enough and we thought it felt "airy". The Jacuzzi was very nice. I spent time on our lovely private terrace (I heard nothing but the birds!), and on the hotel's public terrace where I even had a nice chat with a villager. We enjoyed the bus up and down to the beach each day (honestly, why are visitors walking the stairs? Sounds like self-inflicted torture to me), and we loved eating dinner each night in one of Nocelle's restaurants; a pizzeria, and the astounding Santa Croce - so good I wouldn't believe there was a better restaurant in Positano proper! Descending the stairs were tough to manage the first day with luggage but leaving wasn't a problem. Thank you so much for this piece of paradise, I hope to return to Nocelle and Bacio del Sole.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Evesoho
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had a week here recently and we loved our time there-great setting (although its good if you like walking)> help is on hand with your luggage when you arrive and depart and parking is more crowded than you would expect in such a small village. The hospitality, breakfast and apartment were lovely (very clean and good cooking facilities in a small kitchen) and I liked being away from positano as it was very crowded in July.
Very good value and lovely lemons available from your own tree! we also went on the trip to capri with positano boats which was well worthwhile.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

To sum it all up, Bacio del Sole is a wonderfull B&B with the best view over the Amalfi Coast and for a remarkable good price.

The price was the main reason we chose for this B&B. We just couldn't understand why most of the others were so expensive. But after being there we know. From the Positano beach to the B&B is an hour travel. The bus going to Nocelle is wonderfull, but you still face a 10m walk and a lot of stairclimbing. But the view from under your own lemon tree during sunset makes up a lot.

The room itself was nice with a small kitchen. Its cleaned everyday and breakfast is served as roomservice. Although it is no fresh orange juice en baked bread it is still nice you dont have to fix it yourself.

We will definitely go back to Positano, but the long trip down the mountain to get in Positano makes us choose a different accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank edoenjolanda
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I'm writing this review in English, even if I'm Italian, because I think it's just fair to get English speakers to hear another voice on il Bacio del Sole.
The place is absolutely fantastic and we loved it! We got to Nocelle a bit later then expected - I wasn't exactly sure where the village was - but the owner waited for us and kindly showed us to our room and did everything to make us fell welcome. She found information on a trip we were thinking of doing, introduced the different things we could do/see around, and left us her number for any further question we may have (we actually called her once and she did answer her phone).
The room we had - no 5 I think - was big and airy and full of light and had this lovely private garden/terrace with beautiful views over the sea and Positano. I can't see how the garden there could not feel private: it's really enclosed and full of plants and flowers. We enjoyed having breakfast there, so much so than we even had dinner in under the stars one night! The only thing I would suggest the owner to do is to cut a bit the plants on the terrace: they cover part of the beautiful view!
On the downside the shower/jacuzzi door was broken in our room. This made showering a bit impractical and a lot of water would inevitably end up on the floor.
Also, I do think the site should clearly state that the B&B is accessible only through a couple of flight of stairs, which could be a big issue for elders or people with kids; and that there's almost nothing in Nocelle in terms of restaurants or bars. We really didn't mind since we had a car, and also used the very reliable bus service, but I can see how this could be disappointing for somebody.
Personally, we felt like we had found our own slice of paradise.
All in all very happy with our choice and would suggest it to friends (if fit and with no kids)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WanderingLisa
Reviewed 17 August 2009

The biggest complaint I have with this property is that the room we walked into, while looking similar to the pics on the web, certainly was not the same. The web site shows a very open and airy looking room, the reality is more like a dorm room. We felt so claustrophobic both in the room and in the garden. The patio/garden is tiny and not at all private. We had people on both sides of us whose conversations and cigarette smoke could not be kept to themselves. A couple on one side started the morning off by being loudly intimate, the term "sucking face" comes to mind, while we tried to enjoy our breakfast.

Breakfast by the way was an assortment of prepackaged pastries corn flakes and yogurt. Coffee was a small thermos and the milk for the corn flakes tasted much like powdered mix. Food options were highly limited with very few restaurants nearby.

The night we arrived into Rome we got lost and had no cell phone available so we arrived after 10 pm tired and dirty from a day of traveling. You face a ten minute trek from the parking area to the property. The lady who "greeted" us was ready with a thorough scolding for our tardiness. Nice.

The shower/jacuzzi door was broken off making showering impractical without causing a complete mess. Our closet had shelves that fell out onto the floor without effort.

When we decided this wasn't going to work we couldn't find anyone to voice our complaints to, we looked around and tried to call the local number, there was no one on site. By noon we packed up left a note and got out. Later we were again scolded by whoever in an email for not speaking to them before we left.

If this place is in business to appeal to someone who doesn't care about privacy or getting a good meal.... well Bingo! For the rest of us no way!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travlintwolight
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nocelle
Pensione Maria Luisa - Amalfi Coast
#2 of 53 in Positano
Colle dell'Ara
Colle dell'Ara
#19 of 53 in Positano

Been to Bacio del Sole B&B? Share your experiences!