“Lovely boutique hotel for lounging by the pool”
Review of Silver Point Hotel

Silver Point Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Silver Sands
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We split our stay between Silver Point and Bougainvillea because we wanted to have a mix of pool and beach. Bougainvillea was on a beautiful long beach and we could go for walks along the beach. Silver Point was a really beautiful, trendy boutique hotel with lovely lounges and a small (although fun with the kitesurfers) beach. We really couldn't complain about much, except the weather--it rained almost our entire stay.

The view is very nice, although this is not the area to stay in to see sunsets since it faces southeast. The neighborhood was a little intimidating, although it didn't seem dangerous. There wasn't much in walking distance though, so we took cabs a couple times. It's $10 into Oistins. We went to the Oistins Fish Fry and really enjoyed Bellamy's stand.

The pool area and day beds were really fantastic. Great for lying out in the sun (for the couple of hours we had) and it was only feet to the beach where we could go in the somewhat choppy water or watch the kite surfers. This isn't the most beautiful beach I've ever seen, and in general, I think Barbados' beaches are average for the Caribbean, but it was nice enough. I imagine this hotel would be perfect if the weather were good.

We had an ocean front studio with a private patio area so we could walk right out to the pool or beach. It was a really great room and totally worth the upgrade from the basic room. Very relaxing to hang out and read on the sofa or on the patio. Wireless was available on the patio as well.

The food in the restaurant was some of the best we had on the island (and certainly the best deal). In general, local food was all fried and we enjoyed eating some non-fried food. There are lots of very expensive restaurants in Barbados that probably have good food as well, but this was much more reasonable.

The service at the bar/restaurant was FANTASTIC. The ladies were so warm and friendly, helped answer any questions we had, and genuinely made the whole experience so much better. Richelle in particular made our stay so much fun!

The service at the front desk was a little less friendly and helpful, but we didn't really ask for much so it wasn't a problem.

1  Thank 532rome

Reviewed 4 May 2011

100 % recom. lovely place, lovely food, people, location ( need car ), beautifull beach, great place to stay !!! cant wait to go back

Reviewed 2 May 2011

My spouse and i stayed here for our honeymoon for five nights and it was amazing. Our studio was upgraded so we received an ocean view studio and it was truly a piece of heaven! Our room was ready upon arrival and we checked in without any issues. We were helped with our luggage and i noticed the layout of the hotel, inside and outside views which was amazing. We put aside money for the hotel staff for room cleaning and room service which was excellent because they were all nice and friendly to us. Overall, the beach was beautiful and although the current was high, we were able to have fun and it was enjoyeable to see the wind/kite surfers. The outdoor areas of the hotel was great, there were always cabanas and lounge chairs. It was not too crowded while we were there. The food at the hotel was pricey but sooooo good. Breakfast and dinner was amazing. Order the catch of the day and the three cheese meal...delish! We had clean plates every night. The complimentary breakfast is not worth it at all! Save for the meals. The neighborhood was safe and fine and quite friendly. I mean there was the neighborhood men that claimed to be the coconut men trying to make a few bucks...the coconut juice was good! We took the bus around time when we could get out, it was an adventure in that drivers in Barbados drive real fast. We found it safe and very convenient. Bus 11 takes you into Bridgetown and Oistins and St. Lawrence Gap. Just ask and they let you off. Oistins Fish Fry was definitely a good experience, we are glad we stayed through friday...Pat's Place was soooo good....the swordfish and Dolphin was tasty..my husband brought some home with him!!! We have fallen in love with Barbados and Silver Point will definitely be the place we stay when we return! It was a trip worth taking and we are glad that we took it! We loved our stay as it was relaxing and romantic and capped off our amazing wedding!

Room Tip: Call the hotel and talk to them before arrival!
1  Thank cynagy
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I spend two nights at this hotel and i would recommend it to anyone. The neighborhood is actually great, you are in the middle of a residential area where you can actually meet very nice people from Barbados. The staff is wonderful, i got to the hotel early and they let me use another room until my ocean view studio was free. My studio was very clean. It is very spacious. I wanted to do surf and a trip to swim with the turtle. The front desk helped me to pick both my trip and it was wonderful. If you take surfing lesson, make sure to ask for Jasen, He is a wonderful teacher and if you go swim with the turtle, you should ask to be on the El Tigre Boat.

I went there to celebrate my 30 birthday and i was very happy with my experience. This is an excellent, lovely place to be if you are going to Barbados.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We chose Silver Point as our wedding night hotel and were generaly pleased with our choice. We had the lowest cost room since we weren't spending any real time at the hotel, but the room was functional. The hotel itself is very boutique and I personally prefer its aesthetic to larger hotels such as the Hilton and Accra. My only minor quibble with the hotel was the amount of time it took them to be able to give us a yes or no on whether we would be able to check in early so that myself and my groomsmen could get ready in the room. Though naturally I understand that hotels don't wish to commit themselves to a promise then have to turn away potential guests, you like to know that a hotel will be willing to make exceptions in exceptional circumstances. I was happy when we finally had confirmation that we could check in early, but I just wish that we could have known this some time before one day prior to the wedding.

1  Thank CTricity
Reviewed 26 April 2011

1. This hotel is on an amazing beach. Beats Bath, Surfer's Point, and Bathesba beaches by far. The white sand beach is amazing and a lot of people go kite-surfing along it. If you're just looking to relax on the beach, there's no need to go to another beach.

2. Location: it is about 15 minutes from both St Lawrence Gap and Oistins, but a bit tricky to find the first few times - ask for directions if walking back!

3. Service: I loved the people who worked there - super friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sredleaf
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We stayed at the Silver Point on business and we were collectively surprised by the quality of the rooms and the warmth of the service provided by the staff. The only downside is the lack of internet access in the rooms -- need to be by the pool area to access the wireless internet (not a totally bad thing!). Great value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover
Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Been to Silver Point Hotel? Share your experiences!