“So relaxing it's unbelievable”
Review of Silver Point Hotel

Silver Point Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Silver Sands
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I'm looking back wistfully over photos from our stay here last November, but certainly not through rose-tinted glasses; Silver Point is just a fantastic experience for such a very affordable price.

We got a £500 deal for flights and hotel stay with BA Holidays and everything was perfect. November is the tail-end of the hurricane season and the resort was about half full but the staff were still so friendly and attentive - we asked to be moved to a room with a fridge and we were moved to a huge apartment with beautiful sea view (and huge Smeg fridge!) The resort beach is beautiful (water a little choppy in this part of the island, mind) and the restaurant on the beach does the most delicious food - breakfast in particular is a highlight.

The hotel is a $10 taxi ride away from St Lawrence Gap, where you can dine in Bellini's or Flying Fish where the fish is divine and you can watch turtles floating around in the bay. Oistins on a Friday is close by too and the fish fry is something you have to go to, as every taxi driver will doubtless tell you.

We booked excursions from Bridgetown after travelling there on one of Barbados' infamous buses (crammed in with 20 friendly locals) which you can catch from outside the convenience store that's just round the corner. Snorkelling in the Caribbean was amazing and the island tour is a must, that will pick you up from the hotel.

I love this place so much and we're thinking of going again this year as everything was just brilliant - so relaxing, friendly and idyllic.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank infinitedistraction

Reviewed 16 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel for two nights prior to boarding a cruise. The property is gorgeous!! The hotel is only steps away from a pristine, powdery beach. The staff was nice and attentive. My hotel room was very nice... well decorated with modern appointments such as a spa shower and flat panel tv. I also had a patio area with a small table and two chairs. Falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean waves was fabulous. I walked about a block and half and caught a van into the city for about .75 cents. I reserved a room for $90 a night which included transportation from the airport and complimentary continental breakfast. The breakfast was toast and tea, sufficient for me since I am a light morning eater. The hotel also provided free internet access, a big plus. This property was AWESOME and I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank idomag1c
Reviewed 6 August 2009

I was only in Barbados for one night and I wanted to stay somewhere beautiful and relaxing, I found that at Silverpoint. I had an ocean front room with a gorgeous view that was worth every penny. The bed lounges by the pool are so comfortable you’ll wish you could sleep there all night. I found the staff to be friendly and efficient. Try the delicious flying fish warp for lunch. If I’m ever in Barbados again I will definitely stay at Silverpoint.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank AlreadyInTheTruck
Reviewed 1 August 2009

My fiance and I went to Barbados to get married, and getting married at Silver Point Hotel was definitely the best choice! We had a simple, no frills wedding, no music, no professional photographer. Yet the pictures were amazing and the video simple and unscripted with the sound of the waves as the backdrop- you can't get any better than that.

We had a great taxi-driver Caswill who turned out to be extremely helpful in getting us around, getting the documents and recommending the reverend who had married him and his wife years ago. We had initially planned to have a magistrate marry us on the beach, but she was booked and unbeknownist to us, the next day was a public holiday!
Caswill's suggestion led to us getting married that day, having a spiritual component to our ceremony and actually saving money. The magistrate's fee for a beach wedding would have been 350 Barbados, but the reverend's fee was only 50 Barbados!
We ended up asking Caswill to be a witness at the wedding. He also suggested a great place to have a reception dinner - the Lucky Horseshoe Resaurant- the food was amazing and at a very reasonable price!

The hotel staff were helpful, polite and down to earth. The beach is amazing and picturesque. The waves are rough, but I did not venture out too deep. The water was blue and my husband and I enjoyed the waves. I really enjoyed the deck beds and the view. I liked the breakfast deal at the restaurant with the toast, eggs, choice of sausage or bacon, homefries and coffee or tea. Eating it on the restaurant deck really added to the breakfast experience. You can always eat breakfast indoors when you return home, but how often can you enjoy breakfast to the sounds of waves crashing and the sight of a turqoise-blue ocean? I enjoyed the fact that the hotel is away from the night life and the hustle and bustle. Definitely a great get-away, wedding and honeymoon location!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LOVE09Montreal
Reviewed 30 July 2009

After months and months of researching hotels and deciding where to stay, we finally chose Silver Point Hotel! it was the BEST choice we could've have made. The room were perfectly clean, with plenty of space and the entire hotel was just wonderful! Even after looking at others hotels around town, i still think we made the Best choice by choosing Silver Point. Althoght other hotels have better location, this one def makes up for the location; the other hotels did not seem as nice.

Yes, it is away "from it all" the gap, restaurants etc... We visited the gap where we've heard was all happening, but didnt see much action. we took the bus everywhere, it was super cheap and convinient. It took a little longer to get to all of our destinations because of the stops, but for the price it was well worth and a pretty good experience. all locals were extremely nice :)

Everyone at the hotel were extremely nice. The breakfast was the BEST! it was EXTREMELY relaxing to have breakfast on the deck in front of the beach! this was my favorite part of all :) we had lots of choices to choose from. our package came with free daily breakfast, so it was very conviniet and plenty of food. they have free rum drinks on thurs and Sat evening, make sure Rinelle makes your drinks! she's the best!!! I promise you'll get to know her when you get to the hotel. everyone was very nice and we had a blast at the hotel. If you are looking for a relaxing stay, clean hotel and nice people then this is the place to go.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Silver Point hotel is a must stay! After searching for weeks for a hotel I came back round to Silver Point which had been my first shortlist. The pictures of the hotel perfectly capture what you will be arriving to but cannot in any way reveal the amazingly comfortable atmosphere that the hotel boasts. The rooms are spacious and wonderfully modern - the bathroom is très chique! The hotel is situated at the southern point of the island, only a 6 or 7 minute drive from Oistins. We were in Barbados for a wedding and although we used taxis during our entire stay this did not prove to be expensive. With the service at the hotel bar and the restaurant you could easily spend days at the hotel without venturing very far. Ask for Ian at the bar as he makes a wonderful Mango and Passionfriut daiquiri! The service was excellent! I will go to this hotel every year! Kids are also very welcome - My 4 year old son had a great time at the pool most days. The four poster beds on the decking area made for lazy afternoon of relaxation and dreaming of living in Barbados.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2009

This is an excellent play to stay for a relaxing holiday. Beautiful rooms, friendly and helpful staff, lovely beach. It is, as indicated elsewhere, a bit removed from the more developed and touristy areas of the Island, but to us that was one of its main positive aspects. Walk out to the nearby market and for $1B get the local taxis / vans to other areas, such as Oistens, etc. We found the local residents to be great, and extremely friendly and helpful! We had a great time in Barbados, primarily for that reason. Enjoy!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Silver Point Hotel? Share your experiences!