“Beautiful Boutique Hotel with amazing staff, service and food!”
Review of Silver Point Hotel

Silver Point Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Silver Sands
Reviewed 5 November 2009

This is a boutique hotel a little off the beaten path, now that doesn't mean it's far away from everything. Silver Point is less then a 10 minute drive out of the town of Oistins and less then 25 minutes out of the city of Bridgetown. The hotel is extremely relaxing, quite and beautiful. The staff are so nice and friendly, every Barbadian is nice and friendly! This hotel is right on Silver Sands beach which is the perfect little big beach, not small, lots of room to bask in the sun and it is one of the best beaches in the world to kitesurf. Someone may come up to ask you if you would like to buy something (it happened to me once in my three week stay) simply tell them you're not interested and they leave you alone. There are two pools, one restaurant with wireless internet in the common areas and off your balcony. The rooms are beautiful, clean and have great views. The staff truly are incredible, if you go to this hotel make sure to visit the bar nightly for their different "specials night". Everynight is something different from FREE RHUM DRINKS hour to Fish cakes!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank emailgreg

Reviewed 11 October 2009

I stayed in the lofted room for two nights on the 3rd floor of the newer part of the hotel. i loved every moment of my stay. the room (while only a partial view of the ocean) was clean and very chic. I enjoyed the two fl aspect of the room a lot. i would recommend having a rm 315 as it's closer to the water. prob a better view

the restaurant was all right - nothing too special but was good enough to settle and not leave the hotel for meals (though i did anyway!)

the daybeds were a wonderful part of the relaxation portion of my trip. there were def more than enough to go around. best part was, every morning i saw the housekeepers put on new sheets and clean pillows. i can't say i saw this at other hotels so i know that this place was def. on the cleaner side of the spectrum.

the beach was ok - pretty sands but the water is a little rough for swimming. the beach was very private however, so it was really nice.

wifi was hit or miss. you can get it by the restaurant and on your patio... if you angle yourself a certain way. but then again, who goes on vacation to check their email like that? if you really needed to, the lobby was open to guests to print out their boarding passes

overall, this hotel was wonderful. it's close enough to the gap to visit for the night but not close enough that the noise would spill over. it was in a very private residential area.

excellent staff.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank blueice804
Reviewed 8 October 2009

After much, much research on TripAdvisor (thank you, reviewers!) my husband and I decided to stay at the Silver Point for our honeymoon. It quite honestly exceeded our expectations. Many reviewers said they were disappointed that it was in a "remote" location. We were there to relax and unwind so LOVED that it was quiet and had it's own beach. And seriously, people - it's a tiny island! It doesn't take long at all to get wherever you'd like to go.

We stayed in an oceanfront studio room and were beyond pleased with our views. The food was phenomenal with consistent quality at each meal. While we spent a lot of time at the hotel, we did venture out to see the sights and even visited the Crane Hotel (where we ALMOST stayed). We're so glad we made the choice we did.

We relaxed every day on the Silver Point's beach daybeds/cabanas and enjoyed how intimate the environment was at this boutique hotel. Oh, they also offer complimentary yoga on the beach on the mornings! Such a peaceful experience. The staff was genuinely friendly and accommodating and knew us by name.

Should we find ourselves back in Barbados again, we'll definitely be staying at Silver Point. We found it to be the best hotel on the island - thank you.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Spent a week using the hotel as a base for business. I tried the rest. one evening for dinner and the food was excellent. The rooms are simple and modern. Wireless internet did not work in the rooms, but it did at the bar, or by the pool. Only hassle, and a mild one, is the frogs. From dusk to dawn you could hear them through the open vent in the bathroom. You do get used to them however. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank go1bucs
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I took my mother to Barbados for her 60th birthday. We stayed at SilverPoint the entire time (6 nights). I booked the hotel based on reviews, location and price. The hotel is a very quick drive to the airport (which was a plus for me). That is really the only convenience. Location in regards to nightlife, shopping or restaurants is poor. You would need to take a cab or the bus.

If you don't care about nightlife and are just going to Barbados to be near the beach and relax, then this is a great spot! We spent the first two or three days just lounging. Yes, locals will come up to you while you're on the beach, but they were pretty good about backing off once we told them that we weren't interested in what they had to sell. I loved being able to lay out on the amazing daybeds, read a book, take a nap, and enjoy a cocktail.

The hotel staff was very helpful in booking various excursions for us. We needed to move to another room after the first night because our air conditioner wasn't working. They moved us to a great room with a beautiful view. The restaurant is pricey, but I have to say that the staff was really great! They brought out a beautiful and delicious cheesecake for my mom's birthday, and threw in a glass of wine for her. We had a blast with the staff at the bar!

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank Col_in_PHX
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My husband and I stayed here briefly while in Barbados and would recommend this hotel to younger travelers who are looking for a bargain. I was hestitant to book this hotel & ultimately regretted our decision. However, the hotel is very clean, with nicely appointed rooms with the basics. It is in an "off the beaten path" location. There are lots of locals around. It is a 10-15 minute cab ride to the closest restaurants and quite a bit longer to Bridgetown.

The beach is beautiful, though there is lots of trash scattered and often locals will approach you to sell items. They are very polite and always courteous when you say no. There is a kiteboarding/surfing school right next door with some very talented riders if that is your thing.

All-in-all, expect a modern, small, but very clean room with a gorgeous view of the beach. Just be prepared you are in a neighborhood that some may think is unsafe. My husband and I walked to the grocery twice with no problems, but were approached numerous times to buy drugs. Again, they were always courteous when we said no. I think this place best suites those with an adventursome side with a thin wallet.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catfishcow
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I loved it here, would definatly go back... I was only there for 1 night because I caught a cruise the next day. I changed rooms 2 times while I was there. The room we orignally booked was nice, partcial view of the ocean, but we wanted it all since we were only going to be there for 1 night. So we upgraded for $50US and got a room on the 3rd floor with an amazing view.. room 117 I believe, corner room... the only problem was that there was a leak in the bed room... The staff was so good about it and we changed to another room, which would of been more but they didnt charge us. It was on the ground level facing the ocean room 104.. Amazing view... Both room were great... I have pics too, but they are exactly the same as the ones they have posted.. Very clean, upgraded washroom, and rooms... the only complaint I have is the food.. VERY VERY over prices, and they were a bit rude...but then again you cant go anywhere, unless you take a cab, which will cost at $20US to the main strip... the food was ok, nothing to brag about.. but over priced... Once we checked out the next day, we told the front desk about all the moving around we had to do the night before, and how we paid $50US for the upgrade, they waved the amount... I would definalty go back there.... beautiful spot...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Silver Point Hotel? Share your experiences!