My girlfriend and I stayed here for Valentines day, the check in was easy despite arriving at the same time as a wedding party (which included Susan Boyle, random), our room was very nice and the wine and petals was a nice touch. Very nice being able to swim in the pool while the snow was falling outside. The meal was very nice although I was still hungry after it, just not enough on the plate for the price, although the breakfast made up for it, a good choice of hot or cold.
We stayed here on an itison deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a secluded spot near Livingston just west of Edinburgh, and set in 22 acres of beautiful woodlands, Macdonald Houstoun House is the perfect country hotel and retreat. Once visited by Mary Queen of Scots, the historic building has the classic grace of a 16th century Tower House. Inside, 70 rooms blend luxury and character, with a unique feature bedroom in the Tower For food-lovers, the Jeremy Wares at Houstoun House restaurant has two AA Rosettes for excellent local ingredients, expertly cooked in season. In the cellar, the cosy Vaulted Bar is the perfect spot for a drink or afternoon tea. Our Leisure Club and Spa have ample scope for working off the calories and a host of rejuvenating treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Houstoun House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Houstoun House Hotel Livingston
- Macdonald Houstoun Hotel
- Macdonald Houstoun Livingston
- Houston House Hotel
- Macdonald Houstoun House Uphall, West Lothian