“Quirky, idiosyncratic and thoroughly delicious”
Review of The Linen Shed

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boughton-under-Blean
The Linen Shed
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We've just returned from spending the night at the Linen Shed, and can't praise our hosts Vicky and Graham enough. From the moment I picked up the phone to book our stay until the moment we left, they worked hard to ensure we had a great stay (they booked taxis for us, recommended places to walk our dog and shop for local produce – Vicky even drew maps for us to ensure we wouldn't get lost).

On arrival we were greeted with a pot of tea and some of Vicky's delicious granola bars. While we enjoyed our snack, we took the opportunity to have a good look around – there's lots to admire in the way the house has been decorated (a little bird tells me that it's about to feature in a book on interior design). Sure, the decor is unconventional (if you're into corporate uniformity, steer clear), but each piece of furniture and each decorative item has been chosen with care to create a relaxed, cosy, Bohemian environment.

Our bed was incredibly comfortable, and the shower had plenty of hot water. Breakfast was an absolute treat: Vicky is a hugely talented cook.

We can't wait to return when the weather is warmer so that we can book in for one of the picnic parcels (Vicky despatches you to the beach on a warm summer's evening with a picnic hamper that includes local crab cakes and a small one-ring burner so that you can cook them al fresco).

Room Tip: All rooms are good, with individual character. If you need an en-suite, though, I suggest you put in...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank winehack

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Tried to book this as a special treat for mine and my wife's, anniversary, mothers day and birthday treat, all very close together. The gentleman that answered the telephone no introduction,couldn't find the dairy and kept me waiting on the telephone. He asked me initially how many nights I would like to stay, I replied just the one. Long silence ensued before the diary was found, despite having availability will only book two nights at the weekend. Well you could have informed me of that when asking me how many nights I'd like to stay. Despite being what looks like a beautiful venue to stay at the initial impression were very poor. I am however pleased that during these austere times business's can be arrogant enough to ignore bookings despite having availability. I will be looking elsewhere now and in the future

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 18 February 2013

6 of us stayed here for my Mum's birthday and it really was spectacular. Vicky really does bend over backwards to be the most fantastic hostess and the house is really beautiful
The breakfast surpassed our expectations and really were quite special indeed
The B&B is a great base for exploring the area, especially the amazing foodie restaurants nearby
Thank you so much for making my Mum's birthday weekend so special, Vicky. We WILL be back

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NumbersONEandTWO
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed at The Linen Shed and it was definitely a highlight of out trip to England. Vicky and Graham were wonderful hosts. This place is right out of a magazine and Vicky has the photos to prove it. One of the best Breakfasts I've ever had in my life and she also prepared some brilliant appetizers before we left for dinner. The Linen Shed is in a quaint village near Whistable. When we returned from a dinner there my wife and I scooted on down to THE QUEENS HEAD pub for a wonderful night where we newly discovered the term 'lock-ins' from Vicky the following morning when we told her we were there past closing. A wonderful time. The Linen Shed is a B&B. It isn't a hotel. So no phones or TV.I read some of the previous reviews who were slightly negative on that account. Sorry they missed the beauty and wonder of this place!

Room Tip: Perhaps upstairs is best if you prefer a shower.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank janpal
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed here last weekend as a couple travelling with another couple. I had very high expectations and from the moment we arrived those expectations where met, when we were greeted by Vicky and Graham. We had a long journey to get there, and we were straight away given a drink on arrival as well as a snack (all free). We spent two nights in the downstairs bedroom which was very comfortable (I have no idea what the problem is with a previous reviewer who said the bedroom wasn't comfy enough). I can honestly say it is a delightful room, and a very comfortable bedroom, where I had the best nights kip in a while. My girlfriend also suffers from some back discomfort but not that night and she says it was really comfortable. The downstairs bathroom is delightful and they have a lovely bath with shower overhead. It's all very tastefully designed.

As I am a person who really loves their food, I can still say that this is one of the loveliest breakfasts in the world. I have no idea what a previous commentator made that they had to choose what they wanted for breakfast the night before as that is certainly NOT the case. I chose my breakfast in the morning and it was lovely. You MUST try the lovely homemade Granola which is out-of-this-world tasty! So much so we are after the recipe!

Vicky and Graham were lovely hosts and they made sure our stay was perfect. They ordered taxis for us, and they recommended some exceptional places to have food nearby. The best thing is that they ALWAYS greeted us with a smile and showed care to us, which along with great sleeping comfort and food made this stay absolutely pleasurable. We are looking forward to coming again in the summer!

I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and will stay here again - I suggest you do the same :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JosefNero
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed here the night after our wedding near Canterbury and it is just a great to stay at. The decor is new England /French vintage and interior designers dream! Vicky is the ultimate host and makes you feel extremely welcome. Breakfast is amazing as well!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Caroline C
Reviewed 1 September 2012

if you love interesting and unusual interiors, if you enjoy delicious food and if you want to escape and feel spoilt, the Linen Shed is just the place. The small house is perfectly formed with a unique style which will make you want to move house to somewhere just as special immediately. Vickie is the perfect hostess, and a perfect cook, breakfasts are special - don't expect the usual fry up - and the granola bars which met me on arrival (plus a lovely cold glass of wine from the local farm shop of which I took 6 bottles home with me!) was to die for. The gorgeous towns of Faversham and Whitstable are close by so it makes a great location to visit both. My only complaint? i couldn't stay another night.

Room Tip: I had the room downstairs with a private bathroom - it has a smallish bed but I was on my own so it...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Takeagoodbook

Been to The Linen Shed? Share your experiences!