“Great, welcoming and relaxing stay with incredible food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Linen Shed

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boughton-under-Blean
The Linen Shed
London, United Kingdom
“Great, welcoming and relaxing stay with incredible food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed for three nights: two in the largest 'French room', and one in the downstairs bedroom. From the moment we arrived, Vickie and Graham made us feel extremely welcome with a cup of tea (bearing in mind we arrived at about 10pm!) and her famous granola of which there is happily a never-ending supply. We were made to feel as if we were in our own home, and that nothing was too much trouble; including being driven to Canterbury to pick up our hire bikes for a sunny bike ride to Whitstable.

Prior to arriving, Vickie had given us a long list of restaurants and pubs to look into and we had arranged two evening meals before arriving. One at the Three Mariners in Oare, and the other the Crab & Winkle, overlooking the fishing port in Whitstable. Vickie also managed to squeeze us in for a reservation at Wheelers' Oyster Bar for lunch despite us having been unable to book a number of weeks earlier (well worth it and thanks for persuading us to go, Vickie - Crabcakes were amazing, as was the Lobster lasagne).

In fact, you don't really have to travel far for good food because the breakfasts at the Linen Shed are great. Every morning we enjoyed new surprises on the breakfast menu. I'd very much recommend Vickie's take on the full English breakfast complete with creamed mushrooms and rosti.

All in all, we had a thoroughly enjoyable time with amazing food, and hope to go back again some time soon.

Room Tip: If the 'French room' is available then take it!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alex H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Our one night stay at The Linen Shed began with a friendly, homely welcome from Vicky, with a pot of tea, coffee and fresh batch of homemade granola for the two of us. We settled in on one of the sofas in the living area and chatted to Vicky about our plans for dinner at The Sportsman in Seasalter, which she had recommended on booking. In no time at all a taxi was booked for us to take us there later on.

We were shown to our upstairs room with a very comfortable emperor bed and en suite, and relaxed before dinner. Vicky popped out to see us when we got back that evening and even made us a cup of tea before bed. We were especially excited about breakfast the next morning after reading lots of complimentary reviews about Vicky's food! One of the reasons we booked our stay! We had ordered the full English so we could sample everything. This was the best breakfast we have ever had, and even though there was locally sourced sausage and bacon on our plates, I think the creamed mushrooms and potato rosti had to be our favourites. Bread, jams, apple juice, and more granolas were also up for grabs. The yoghurt and passion fruit taster to start with was also a lovely touch.

This was such a relaxing and luxurious stay at the Linen Shed, perfect for this surprise birthday treat! A bag of granola squarers and a lift to the station from Graham finished off our stay perfectly! Thanks Vicky and Graham, we hope to return in the summer and experience the garden at your beautiful b&b as well as packing us up with a crab cake picnic to the beach!

2 Thank DomAndJo_London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

We've just returned from spending the night at the Linen Shed, and can't praise our hosts Vicky and Graham enough. From the moment I picked up the phone to book our stay until the moment we left, they worked hard to ensure we had a great stay (they booked taxis for us, recommended places to walk our dog and shop for local produce – Vicky even drew maps for us to ensure we wouldn't get lost).

On arrival we were greeted with a pot of tea and some of Vicky's delicious granola bars. While we enjoyed our snack, we took the opportunity to have a good look around – there's lots to admire in the way the house has been decorated (a little bird tells me that it's about to feature in a book on interior design). Sure, the decor is unconventional (if you're into corporate uniformity, steer clear), but each piece of furniture and each decorative item has been chosen with care to create a relaxed, cosy, Bohemian environment.

Our bed was incredibly comfortable, and the shower had plenty of hot water. Breakfast was an absolute treat: Vicky is a hugely talented cook.

We can't wait to return when the weather is warmer so that we can book in for one of the picnic parcels (Vicky despatches you to the beach on a warm summer's evening with a picnic hamper that includes local crab cakes and a small one-ring burner so that you can cook them al fresco).

Room Tip: All rooms are good, with individual character. If you need an en-suite, though, I suggest you put in...
2 Thank winehack
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Tried to book this as a special treat for mine and my wife's, anniversary, mothers day and birthday treat, all very close together. The gentleman that answered the telephone no introduction,couldn't find the dairy and kept me waiting on the telephone. He asked me initially how many nights I would like to stay, I replied just the one. Long silence ensued before the diary was found, despite having availability will only book two nights at the weekend. Well you could have informed me of that when asking me how many nights I'd like to stay. Despite being what looks like a beautiful venue to stay at the initial impression were very poor. I am however pleased that during these austere times business's can be arrogant enough to ignore bookings despite having availability. I will be looking elsewhere now and in the future

7 Thank Simon B
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

6 of us stayed here for my Mum's birthday and it really was spectacular. Vicky really does bend over backwards to be the most fantastic hostess and the house is really beautiful
The breakfast surpassed our expectations and really were quite special indeed
The B&B is a great base for exploring the area, especially the amazing foodie restaurants nearby
Thank you so much for making my Mum's birthday weekend so special, Vicky. We WILL be back

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NumbersONEandTWO
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed at The Linen Shed and it was definitely a highlight of out trip to England. Vicky and Graham were wonderful hosts. This place is right out of a magazine and Vicky has the photos to prove it. One of the best Breakfasts I've ever had in my life and she also prepared some brilliant appetizers before we left for dinner. The Linen Shed is in a quaint village near Whistable. When we returned from a dinner there my wife and I scooted on down to THE QUEENS HEAD pub for a wonderful night where we newly discovered the term 'lock-ins' from Vicky the following morning when we told her we were there past closing. A wonderful time. The Linen Shed is a B&B. It isn't a hotel. So no phones or TV.I read some of the previous reviews who were slightly negative on that account. Sorry they missed the beauty and wonder of this place!

Room Tip: Perhaps upstairs is best if you prefer a shower.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank janpal
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed here last weekend as a couple travelling with another couple. I had very high expectations and from the moment we arrived those expectations where met, when we were greeted by Vicky and Graham. We had a long journey to get there, and we were straight away given a drink on arrival as well as a snack (all free). We spent two nights in the downstairs bedroom which was very comfortable (I have no idea what the problem is with a previous reviewer who said the bedroom wasn't comfy enough). I can honestly say it is a delightful room, and a very comfortable bedroom, where I had the best nights kip in a while. My girlfriend also suffers from some back discomfort but not that night and she says it was really comfortable. The downstairs bathroom is delightful and they have a lovely bath with shower overhead. It's all very tastefully designed.

As I am a person who really loves their food, I can still say that this is one of the loveliest breakfasts in the world. I have no idea what a previous commentator made that they had to choose what they wanted for breakfast the night before as that is certainly NOT the case. I chose my breakfast in the morning and it was lovely. You MUST try the lovely homemade Granola which is out-of-this-world tasty! So much so we are after the recipe!

Vicky and Graham were lovely hosts and they made sure our stay was perfect. They ordered taxis for us, and they recommended some exceptional places to have food nearby. The best thing is that they ALWAYS greeted us with a smile and showed care to us, which along with great sleeping comfort and food made this stay absolutely pleasurable. We are looking forward to coming again in the summer!

I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and will stay here again - I suggest you do the same :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JosefNero
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boughton-under-Blean
Judd's Folly Hotel
#1 of 16 in Faversham
Sun Inn
Sun Inn
#3 of 16 in Faversham

Been to The Linen Shed? Share your experiences!