“Best B&B with the warmest welcome ever!”
Review of The Linen Shed

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boughton-under-Blean
The Linen Shed
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I've never written a review on Trip Advisor, but I often use it in my own research. However, after a stay at the Linen Shed, I felt compelled to pop my Trip Advisor Cherry and write this short review to let others know how excellent it is.

Its difficult to explain why the Linen Shed is so amazing, but I'll give it a go.

Perhaps its the beautiful exterior and interior decor that makes for such a wonderful stay, but I think its much more than this. After explaining to Vickie that we were unable to book for the minimum two nights as we had plans either side of our stay, she kindly offered to waive the rules and then advised me that on arrival I could chose from two bedrooms. We stayed in the room with the Kingsize bed and crisp white linen sheets, which has been beautifully and tastefully decorated to a very high standard. The room was equipped with a TV and a huge selection of DVD's that we could watch at our leisure, there were fluffy robes and flip flops for us to pad around in and the shower room was immaculately clean, with expensive shower gel for us to use.

We were welcomed by both Vickie and her husband Graham who couldn't have been more accommodating and laid back, and its this very attitude and warmth that makes the Linen Shed, different from any other type of B&B I've ever stayed in. My partner and I felt like we were at an old friend's house, we instantly felt at home. After a short trip into Whitstable we ended up at the local pub where Vickie and Graham joined us later that evening. We'd had more than a few, but they were the perfect hosts, even the bar staff looked after us because they knew we were staying at the Linen Shed. We were made to feel like locals.

In the morning, after a hot and powerful shower, we were treated to some of Vickie's homemade granola, yoghurt and fresh berry compote (fresh from the garden), followed by a full english, all lovingly cooked by Vickie, (She trained as a Chef and you can tell). To say we didn't want to leave is an understatement...

The Linen Shed is the perfect combination of feeling total relaxed but knowing that nothing is too much trouble. We will most definitely be returning to the Linen Shed and so will all the people that choose to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Beckie C

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently stayed for a weekend away as a surprise treat. The American style home with shabby chic theme was great. We chose the French room (I believe) which has a huge memory foam mattress and a blackout blind for a great night's sleep. The room opposite was empty and the shower room was for our sole use. Everything was clean and all toiletries of a high standard.

The hospitality was really to the next level. Never have I felt so at home in a B&B & that was before the amazing breakfast was even mentioned. All cooked to perfection in a great setting.

Room Tip: French room - Memory foam mattress and blackout blind
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt P
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was whisked down here by my wife for a surprise trip. I had a few minutes here before being taken off to The Sportsman at Seasalter where my daughters and grandson were hiding. After these delights, the Linen Shed just added more.....comfortable, calm and being able to chat with Vickie and Graham upstairs in such a delightful setting was lovely. Amazing warm company and breakfast was the best ever.
We will be back.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A728IGtonyd
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Linen Shed is a jewel of a find. We would not hesitate to recommend staying here, and it's our second visit. Vickie and Graham are incredible and bountiful hosts, not forgetting Tina of course. This is truly a bespoke and boutique experience in a beautiful home, where nothing is too much trouble and breakfast is incredible. Vickie and Graham are also fantastic with local recommendations of where to eat and drink. We stayed in the ground floor room and cannot understand what the problem was for the client below with the bathroom as it is spacious, contains a stunning claw foot bath and a fantastic shower. We ate at The Sportsman and The Dove at Dargate, and if you are up for a good long walk, it's a lovely walk from The Linen Shed to Seasalter and Whitstable. Cannot find fault at all with The Linen Shed - it is a fabulous experience, do not hesitate to go!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MissAtlantis
Reviewed 17 August 2013

An interesting converted military building in the wooden Kentish style and very consciously decorated in the shabby chic style using quite a lot of worn French furnishings and plumbing. Parking is on the road below the house and our room was by the front door with a bathroom across the hall. The bed was comfortable and while there were no tea making facilities, we were offered coffee or tea on arrival and when we came in at night. The French plumbing in our bathroom left a bit to be desired - we failed completely to make the shower work and the high level chain-flush cistern took a good 10 minutes to refill.
If all you want is bed and breakfast (which was fine) then this might not be for you (it is the most expensive B&B we have ever stayed in), but if you want to sample shabby chic that has appeared in a number of the glossy magazines, then its a good opportunity.

Room Tip: The house is on a very high bank above the road so the ground floor room is quiet. The other two roo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AndyA46
Reviewed 17 August 2013

What a beautiful retreat, a warm welcome, stunning rooms, amazing hospitality and the breakfast was DELICIOUS!
Vicky and Graham deserve a medal for this wonderful treasure they have created!
we will be back as soon as we can!
Vicky & Steve

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is probably one of the best B&B experiences I have ever had! I recommend it all the time and now use it as a bit of a bench mark when visiting other places.
We were greeted on arrival with tea and home made flapjacks and shown around the garden. We instantly felt at home and continued to do so throughout our visit. Not only are the rooms beautifully designed and the hospitality spot on but the amazing home made food is delicious and left us feeling completely spoilt. We had a fantastic weekend in the area, had some great walks and meals in the surrounding towns.
I could not rate The Linen Shed highly enough, it is an absolute gem of a place and I can;t wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flora N

Been to The Linen Shed? Share your experiences!