We have just travelled 375 miles with our 88 year old mother for her birthday party with all the family who live near Canterbury and stayed at this hotel; this being our second visit to this public house. The staff are wonderful and so helpful. We held the party there for 42 people and the staff could not have done more for us; food first class and price a bargain; true value for money. Thank you is not enough I cannot find the words to express my gratitude. The bedrooms are comfortable and disabled room most appropriate Tara is a godsend. We cannot thank you enough for your help and patience. If anyone needs a nice place to stay you will not get any better. MADE TO FEEL SO WELCOME as always. Rose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White Horse in Boughton-under-Blean is a historic inn and restaurant with more than its fair share to offer guests. Not only is this ancient coaching inn mentioned in Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, but its location in a glorious village surrounded by hop field lined walks to Mount Ephraim Gardens and the site of The Peasant’s Last Revolt recommend this excellent stop before one even ventures inside. As you may well hope, The White Horse is beautifully traditional inside, with roaring log fires, low-beamed ceilings and a cosy, intimate feel. Meanwhile, outside beautiful landscaping has turned a pleasant pub garden into an Englishman’s dream. Our locally sourced British food has elevated The White Horse to gastropub levels with our chef's combination of creativity and talent, providing guests with the opportunity to enjoy high level food in the most comfortable of atmospheres. Sunday lunches take place weekly and jazz suppers are a regular occasion featuring award-winning vocalist Christine Tobin. Located in a village but within easy reach of the channel crossings and many local attractions such as Canterbury Cathedral, Dover and Leeds Castle, golf courses, beaches, nature reserves and zoos, the White Horse is an ideal place to stay to explore the wonderful Kent countryside. And if walking, there are many stunning walking routes on our doorstep. We welcome walkers, cyclists, dogs and families! Our 13 bedrooms are beautiful with everything you would expect from a modern hotel, including free wi-fi, extensive parking, disabled access, restaurant and bar. The combination of the pub’s history and first-class service guarantees return visits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Horse Hotel Boughton-Under-Blean
- White Horse Inn Boughton-Under-Blean, Kent