Having read the previous three reviews I wonder if we stayed in the same place as they.
The lady who checked us was no "Dragon Lady", in fact she was very helpful. The room was small - no problem really as we only had overnight luggage and the bathroom had a decent shower and plenty of hot water. The bed - whilst not the most comfortable I have ever slept on - was fine.
The bar/restaurant has a good choice of beers. The menu looked good and the food was excellent. Service was not high speed, but why should it be? The wine list was excellent - not too large a range but offered a good choice.
Breakfast was good.
To the question - would I stay at the White Horse again - the answer would beyes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White Horse in Boughton-under-Blean is a historic inn and restaurant with more than its fair share to offer guests. Not only is this ancient coaching inn mentioned in Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, but its location in a glorious village surrounded by hop field lined walks to Mount Ephraim Gardens and the site of The Peasant’s Last Revolt recommend this excellent stop before one even ventures inside. As you may well hope, The White Horse is beautifully traditional inside, with roaring log fires, low-beamed ceilings and a cosy, intimate feel. Meanwhile, outside beautiful landscaping has turned a pleasant pub garden in to an Englishman’s dream. Our locally sourced British food has elevated The White Horse to gastropub levels with our chefs combination of creativity and talent, providing guests with the opportunity to enjoy high level food in the most comfortable of atmospheres. Sunday lunches take place weekly and jazz suppers are a regular occasion featuring award-winning vocalist Christine Tobin. Located in a village but within easy reach of the channel crossings and many local attractions such as Canterbury Cathedral, Dover and Leeds Castle, golf courses, beaches, nature reserves and zoo's, the White Horse is an ideal place to stay to explore the wonderful Kent countryside. And if walking, there are many stunning walking routes on our doorstep. We welcome walkers, cyclists, dogs and families! Our 13 bedrooms are beautiful with everything you would expect from a modern hotel, including free wi-fi, extensive parking, disabled access, restaurant and bar. The combination of the pub’s history and first-class service guarantees return visits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your The White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Horse Hotel Boughton-Under-Blean
- The White Horse Inn Boughton-Under-Blean, Kent