This Inn is perfectly located for travel around Kent. The food is absolutely delicious, we had two nights here, four of us on the first night and us two for the second night. So we sampled six separate meals overall, all of a very high standard and scrumptious. The service was excellent and friendly. There is a large car park at the rear so no problems there.
I have read some bad reviews here but all I can say is that it IS an old inn and that is what we wanted... the room we had was very clean and had all the amenities we required. We will be back there again. I would highly recommend a visit, whether to stay or just for a meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White Horse in Boughton-under-Blean is a historic inn and restaurant with more than its fair share to offer guests. Not only is this ancient coaching inn mentioned in Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, but its location in a glorious village surrounded by hop field lined walks to Mount Ephraim Gardens and the site of The Peasant’s Last Revolt recommend this excellent stop before one even ventures inside. As you may well hope, The White Horse is beautifully traditional inside, with roaring log fires, low-beamed ceilings and a cosy, intimate feel. Meanwhile, outside beautiful landscaping has turned a pleasant pub garden in to an Englishman’s dream. Our locally sourced British food has elevated The White Horse to gastropub levels with our chefs combination of creativity and talent, providing guests with the opportunity to enjoy high level food in the most comfortable of atmospheres. Sunday lunches take place weekly and jazz suppers are a regular occasion featuring award-winning vocalist Christine Tobin. Located in a village but within easy reach of the channel crossings and many local attractions such as Canterbury Cathedral, Dover and Leeds Castle, golf courses, beaches, nature reserves and zoo's, the White Horse is an ideal place to stay to explore the wonderful Kent countryside. And if walking, there are many stunning walking routes on our doorstep. We welcome walkers, cyclists, dogs and families! Our 13 bedrooms are beautiful with everything you would expect from a modern hotel, including free wi-fi, extensive parking, disabled access, restaurant and bar. The combination of the pub’s history and first-class service guarantees return visits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Horse Hotel Boughton-Under-Blean
- The White Horse Inn Boughton-Under-Blean, Kent