““Our Favourite, and Possibly the Best Indian restaurant in The UK””
Review of The Maharaja

The Maharaja
Ranked #28 of 48 Restaurants in Northwood
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

I’ve been using the Maharaja ever since it first opened 22 years ago (in 1991).

Although I’ve since moved out of the area, my wife and I visit Northwood 3-4 times in every 2 months to meet with my daughter and we still thoroughly enjoy a meal here.
Even though there is a lot of competition in Northwood, it is, for me, the best Indian Restaurant in the UK.

Meals from here always tasty, generous portions, varieties of quality food flavour, either eat in or take away. Additionally, great service, always friendly and helpful, even when they're really busy. Pleasant dining ambience and nicely packaged takeaways. Always accommodate special requests, and interesting varied menu. Usually busy so a good idea to book on weekends.The food is more than excellent, you never leave disappointed. It just goes to show that if you get the basics right you can't go far wrong. I have never had a problem with Maharaja.

Looking at the other reviews it is clear that everyone has differing expectations as no restaurant can be ‘good’, ‘average’ and ‘poor’ at the same time! I cannot say that it’s definitely the best Indian restaurant in Northwood, because there’s one I’ve never tried, but what I can say is that it’s our favourite and the best out of all those that we have eaten at. It’s always met our expectations, we’ve never had a poor meal or bad service, and we’ve always come away feeling totally satisfied. The range of dishes is more than excellent and there’s two or three that I’ve never found anywhere else (one of which is a favourite of ours).

I visit Indian restaurants all over the country and while occasionally you find one that is unquestionably better, the Maharaja is, as far as we are concerned, above average in all respects.

If someone has a poor experience here then they’ve either picked a really bad day or their expectations are just too far off the mark as I’ve never had anything other than excellent service and best value-for-money food for 22years!

Very much important to mention that, in the very recent day the foods quality have been upgraded as far my taste.

Well done Maharaja for delivering 22 years of pleasure!

Thank you so much 'Mr Genius Chef'.

There are newer reviews for The Maharaja

Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been eating here for about five years and love it. I have cooked and eaten Indian food for many years and this food is fantastic. The staff are friendly and helpful, nothing is to much for them and always have a smile. It's a relaxed atmosphere. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE COULD LEAVE BAD FEEDBACK ON THIS RESTAURANT? ***HIGHLY RECOMMEND***

Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

This is the only place we go to have a curry. The food is excellent, cooked beautifully with lots of flavours. The staff are so pleasant, nothing is too much trouble. Looking forward to going next week.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Food was avereage, and fair value but the service is horrendous. The waiters just throw the food at you, so robotic and don't respond to questions or simple requests like bill please and they jut ignore you. I have tried a couple times to be fair but never again. AVOID

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have been going to this restaurant for the past six years and have never been disappointed and frankly, I am very shocked at some of the other other reviews I have read on this website. The food is tasty and the service is good in my experience and the staff have made me feel very welcome every time i go. I would definiately recommend this place.