Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Flo

Really nice place

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Nov 2019via mobile
We spent two nights here in a pretty big room facing the lake. The view from our balcony as well as from the pool area were simply stunning.
There are several really nice little restaurants in the village. Meals cost a bit more than average but you could get fried fish for 60.000 kip.
There‘s not much to do around the area if you don‘t do a boat tour. Unfortunately, kayak rental was not available.
Staff were always very friendly, we were even driven back to Thalat because we needed an ATM. It’s also a very calm place. We definitely recommend staying here. Recommendation: Contact the property in advance to arrange how to get there.
Date of stay: November 2019
Pool
  • Expedia.com
17.7 miles from Long Ngum View Resort
View more hotels in Thalat
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

I had wonderful sleep that serve my purpose. Room is big.

Feel pity to the resort. I book the room with view of Lake 450,000kip. I don’t expect 4 or 5 stars service , just need clean room and nice service. Overprice for dirty and spider web room. I wanted to read at balcony and enjoy the view, chair is too dirty and spider web. I do wondering myself. Do manager check the room cleanliness or not.

I went down for breakfast at 8:00am, breakfast is buffet, food simple but all the plates almost empty, no refill. I was walking down for checkout, staff saw me carry the bag, he just looked at me then continue using his mobile phone and enjoy the seating area for the guests.

Internet is not working.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Is it a construction site or a ruin? The end of the street offers only this place to stay if you decide to have a nice lake view. Take a minivan from Vientiane Northern Bus station to Ban Thalat, then a tuk-tuk for 50.000 KIP. Don’t expect a greeting or someone helping you to carry our bag to the room. If you don’t speak Lao it will be difficult. They might call someone to speak English or Thai. Rooms are old and urgently need a make-over. Ants and hair on the bed and the floor, ancient A/C and some Laos TV channels on the old TV-screen (no batteries in the remote control ….). WiFi only at the reception area but connection is slow. The restaurant is overpriced but you can find some nice and cheap local restaurants in the nearby village next to the lake. On the weekend the resort is overwhelmed b Laos families. But it’s still the best around here. Better make it as a day trip and return afterwards to some where else.

Room tip: Get a room with a nice view over the lake. That is the only reason to stay here.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Firstly we booked a superior room - as per the picture on Agoda!!!! Don't believe it. We paid the superior room price but were given an inferior room in the old building. They may be nice in the new building but very mediocre in the original building.the room was clean but dated. Not worth the $30. The free (or included) breakfast from 7 - 10 may be good at 7 but from 8.15 - 10 you have the leftovers to pick from. They won't cook extra or provide more. The pool is well situated with a great view but the water was not very clean, and the same goes for the small kids pool. The food and drinks were very expensive and I would recommend stocking up on some things like beer, snacks, soft drinks etc and take with you. The staff were very slow and uninterested spending their time watching the TV in the restaurant rather than clearing tables or considering the customers and there was rarely a smile between the vast number of them. They were totally disinterested even to the point of not charging for items. we ordered 3 beers, a pepsi and fried chicken. They totally forgot to charge for the chicken until I pointed it out (stupidly). Next time Fried rice and a beer - bill for fried rice only and I had problems getting the bill as the TV was on. The location by the lake is great and about 10 minutes walk to the harbour, restaurants and boats. The only reason I would go again is because there is nowhere else in the area and the location and the view is great.

Room tip: Ask for in the new building
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2017

I stayed here one night on the way from Vientiane to Vang Vieng. I don't think I would have wanted to stay longer unless I was going to spend some time boating on the reservoir. The original cottages are very picturesque, but not exactly up to date. I found a frog in my shower stall in the morning, but he went out the drain hole when I turned the shower on. The breakfasts are buffet and nothing to write home about; they are served in the high rise hotel at the top of the hill. You may want to stay up there if you like all the modern conveniences. All in all, this was an interesting place to stay one night. Internet service is not available in the cottages, but it can be used in the adjacent lobby.

Room tip: Avoid the cottages if you don't like roughing it.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel is built into the hill and the only place to stay. There aren't alternatives.

Positives - the view of the lake in the afternoon and morning, the infinity edge pool, the rooms with a view are spacious with comfortable beds and a verandah. Reasonable value for the rooms at US$70 for a good too with breakfast

Negatives - it is 2 stores of steps to reception, then up to 4 storeys to the rooms. The food and drinks are relatively expensive. There are no activities other than oat rides which were very expensive ($40-50) for an hour.

Room tip - there are a range of prices, but go for the new building in a front room. Definitely not a rear room and don't pay the extra for a bungalow.

Date of stay: January 2017