“Best cheese board yet! ”

The French Horn Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Horn Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$16 - US$92
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: " Traditional Old English Restaurant / Pub Serving English Food In A Modern "
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The French Horn is great: a new favourite of ours. They have a very good burger offer on Thursday evenings (£7), and the normal menu is competitively priced (high quality ingredients). Last night a group of four of us went for burgers (2x chili; 1x guacamole and salsa; 1x falafel). It was so good we ended up leaving the car and getting a taxi after a few more drinks and puddings. Panna cotta looked good. The cheese board was superb (and generous; fed two easily for £9.95), with a nice glass of port on the side. I always like to try the cheese board, and this was one of the best I've had.

The only drawback was that they only had one ale (Greene King IPA, good but not that interesting). However, they have pumps for at least two more, and we'll just have to go back to see what else they have! Hopefully something local.

We're very pleased to have finally discovered how good this place is after driving past many times before. Keep up the good work, complements to the chef, and thanks to the front of house staff. A perfect pub dining evening.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Living only a couple of miles from this pub it is a regular attraction. If you only go to enjoy a nice country pub with a friendly relaxing atmosphere and a couple of drinks this should suit you fine.

I like the food there, consistent quality even if a limited menu (not always a bad thing). Price varies by what you choose (from burgers up to steak), I would suggest looking at the website for a sample menu if you aren't sure. The wine list is extensive and interesting and, again, you can get away reasonably or splash out.

In my opinion well worth a visit

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I,'ve wanted to go in this pub for a long time , at long last got there, but very disappointed with our food. Had whitebait to start, came out dark brown, very unappetizing, then had steak, very poor for £24.00, not much to go with it.staff not very friendly, not dressed very smart for this sort of establishment, denim jacket worn by one and tatty jeans worn by the other one. There was one young lady who goes to college she looked very smart in her black and white, and was very pleasant.Sorry I thought it would be more professional than what we encountered.

2  Thank jackie r
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Lovely friendly helpful staff, food was very well presented and tasted wonderful, and when the bill came we were very surprised at how reasonable it was.
Will go again, and would recommend.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Booked last minute for a family celebration meal. Dined in bar area - restaurant room can be a bit depressing if not well populated.
Sharing platter - excellent
Scallops plump juicy and perfectly cooked
Smoked haddock main course - excellent
Slow cooked pork belly and the cheese burger, I am told, rivalled my own signature dishes - so much for family loyalty!
Proseco - could be best I have ever drunk.
Service - oh dear - not the warm, friendly and interested I prefer - perhaps they had just lost their winning lottery ticket. I guess we all have the odd bad day.