Golden Palace Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Heroben Hometel(Tagum City)
View Hotel
Hijo Resorts Davao(Tagum City)
View Hotel
Mahan Garden Resort(Samal Island)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Uno(Davao City)
View Hotel
LA Interline Hotel(Davao City)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2012

From the reviews presently on tripadvisor, it seems the best hotel in Tagum is the Molave Hotel. However, that was filled up, so I stayed here. However, I found this hotel satisfactory,. We particulaly liked the free breakfast buffet in the morning, which in itself greatly raised our appreciation of this hotel. We were ready for problems with the water after reading the reviews here. It is true that there was only cold water in the shower when I showered at 5:30 in the morning. However, the hot water was turned on later on. There were no other problems with the water in our room. There was no toilet paper in the bathroom (I am an American), but they hospitably gave me some when I asked for it.
I had telephoned the hotel three days before and got very bad directions to the hotel. The hotel is not far from the northern outskirts of Tagum. The hotel is not on the main highway. When you are coming from Davao, turn at a Petron station after going through most of the city and the hotel is about a kilometer or so up that side road.
Tagum is a prosperous city with an excellent main road through town. We went to dinner at a KFC in the Gesano mall, which is on the main road through town.
I had been told that there is nothing to see in Tagum, however we went to see the magnificent Catholic Christ the
King Cathedral, with the "world's largest rosary" behind the cathedral, for those interested.
The front desk of the hotel sold a map of Tagum to us for 30 pesos.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Michael_Spencer_12
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My family went back to tagum to visit relatives and we stayed here at golden palace again. My second stay here is okay though. Staff are really friendly plus the room service is fast. Front desk is helpful since i asked them to for a Masseuse and they complied with my request. Breakfast was really my favorite since they provide buffet meals with ample variety considering that the place is not in the metro. Food serving for lunch is good for 1-2 persons and they also taste good.
The bath shower and heater can improve though. Also, this hotel is located in a national road where buses from other parts of mindanao pass by so it's location is accessible if you're driving around mindanao. A stopover i should say. Anyway, if you plan to stay a day or two in tagum, you can try this hotel. Just do not expect much from it since you're not staying at a five star hotel. I also heard they were constructing a swimming pool too. I might wait for that. :)

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel because if your room is at the street side, it could get a little noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank summerlovin_10
Reviewed 2 July 2012

we went to this hotel had two rooms for 4 persons in both rooms the plumbing was very bad in one the toilet was stuck and in the other the whole time the water was running so you had to put of all the water to have a normal sleep, for the stuck room we got after a few hours an other room but here was the toilet stuck after a 6 hours , when you have windows in your room, you have light but they are so dirty you can,t see olmost nothing, and the curtains and carpets are so old that you , You can see this hotel was something a long time ago, but not in this time; it realy had his good days long ago. and i don,t believe somebody who is telling this is a good hotel, then the have never been in a modern hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank lenie
Reviewed 22 May 2012

After trying for one night another place to stay, I checked in at the Golden Palaca Hotel in Tagum City. Certainly worthwhile to spend a few words. It's conveniently located in the outskirts of Tagum City. I stayed in an executive room, simple because I want a window and not a room with 4 walls and no view at all. That was a good choice, the room was clean, big enough, the bed was comfortable, wireless in the room for free. Pretty good breakfast included in the room rate, staff (as usual in the Philippines) very friendly and helpful. Bathroom was complete and good, so yes, would come back again here for sure.

Room Tip: Choose, for just 200 pesos more than a standard room, the executive rooms, they have windows. For someone who does not value windows, other rooms will be a good choice as well.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Robert V
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The staff in this hotel are very helpful, the room was clean and well appointed. The food very good with traditional Philippine menu. The only downside is the plumbing, for a hotel as young as this the plumbing is terrible, impossible to set the shower at an even temperature, fluctuating from very hot to cold, I have some experience in this field, my only conclusion is that the builders have taken the very cheapest option at every opportunity. Location is good, only a short tricycle ride to the centre of tagum.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple