“Will definitely come back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Punong Restaurant and Nature Park
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Tagum City
Cuisines: Philippine, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Will definitely come back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Punong

We came 2nd of Jan, first impression was great as it looked very native and was a "floating" restaurant.

We ordered seafood pinakbet, grilled squid, lechon kawali and garlic rice. Everything was lovely but the kawali. It was dry and tasteless, as if they re-used the oil to cook it in. But overall it was a great experience.

The air was cool. The service was great. Food arrived fairly fast. The halo halo was tasty and had lots of ingredients! They also serve filtered/mineral water when you ask for normal water.

There is a nice fishing area and you can hire their boats too.

The toilets were clean too.

Will definitely come back again!!

1 Thank dhaynosaur

• Korean first
London England
“Brilliant location....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Punong Restaurant is very picturesque and in a brilliant location, built out over a lake. The only down side is that the food is not so brilliant! However, we enjoyed our meal there... The place is famous for its sea food, and they specialize in freshly cooked local crabs. It is worth visiting just for the ambience....

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank DrVjWalden
Davao City, Philippines
“coffee trip stop over with friends...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

we visited Punong Restaurant last Wednesday with my friends. we stop by to have some coffee break because i feel so sleepy for a long drive... the place is very relaxing specially the scenery along the lake... while having a coffee me and my friends took some pictures and the view was perfect as we thought it could be. i have lunch on the same resto with a friend from work, we ordered seafood express and it all went good and satisfactory. so i recommended.it again with my other friends and i wont stop recommending this resto to others... have a nice trip... :)

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Eve N N
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Nice place to relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

The restaurant is built on stilts on a river and part of a fishpond. It is very picturesque and very Filipino with all the nipa trees surrounding the restaurant.

It is such a welcome stop if coming from Davao City and a breath of fresh air. We went in the morning so it was still cooler. I think the place is too hot for lunch because it was open-type and didn't have any ACs.

Unfortunately I couldn't say much about the food because I've only had the chance to have breakfast there. Service was a bit slow but they had big servings. I wouldn't want to rate the food because we only had the regular breakfast fare, and while I wasn't much quite impressed I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that it could be better for lunch or dinner.

The place is clean and well-maintained. Prices were also very reasonable.

One of the posters in the restaurant was a promotion for a river cruise which I think is similar to the backriver cruises of Kerala in India. I would like to try that next time because I think the scenery would be very relaxing.

I'd like to come back perhaps for dinner so I can sample their food.

• Visited March 2013
Panabo City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Very Relaxing!"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

The very first time i step into this restaurant i feel good... the atmosphere was so romantic and peaceful... the ambiance was relaxing even the music that is being played.... :)) when you dine in this restaurant, all your stress will fade.. you don't have to eat in a hurry.. its good to dine with your family...discuss some stuff while eating.. the staff itself is accommodating and approachable.. the food was so delicious and i enjoyed eating the kinilaw na bangus (its my first time really) .. and all their seafood was fresh and well-cooked.. you can also experience fishing if you want at a very reasonable price...

Tagum City is coming out of its shell... the city was productive and still developing in terms of infrastructure... :)

• Visited March 2013