We stopped here on our way home to Scotland from Bath. We booked before we left Bath with Booking.Com and got a very good rate for B/B, when we arrived our booking hadn't come through till 1/2 hr before so we were told to order drinks in the bar on the house until it was ready. In no time at all we were shown to our room which was lovely, clean and well furnished, the bathroom was exceptional and with an enormous shower couldn't wait to use it. We went into the restaurant for dinner and had a lovely meal, the food was delicious and the staff couldn't do enough for you. In the morning we found we had no hot water and couldn't try out the fab shower so we went over to the restaurant for breakfast and when we told Susan that we had no hot water she immediately said that she would reduce our room rate.( It transpired that it was a boiler problem) She then cooked us the most delicious piping hot breakfast so large that we didn't eat for the rest of the day. I strongly recommend this place and we will certainly stop here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our canalside location is a winner in the sunshine - sit back and relax with a long, cool drink as you watch the narrowboats float quietly by. And if the weather's not quite so pleasant, we've got loads of room inside with a choice of comfy sofas or dining chairs and tables.With great value food made on-site from locally sourced ingredients, our menu has something for everyone and the quality of our food is superior.Our bar has four beers on hand pump and we've got a great selection of lagers, cider, wines and soft drinks.And there's no rush to drive home after an evening at The Boatyard - why not stay in one of our six recently decorated and well appointed rooms.Then wake up to a hearty breakfast and grab a latte in our coffee shop before leaving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Grill & Grain at the Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatyard Hotel Preston
- Grill & Grain At The Boatyard Hoghton, Lancashire