The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. We booked two rooms and both had excellent bathrooms and a good level of cleanliness. I personally dislike bottled toiletries but this is a minor gripe. The setting is very good and right next to the canal - yo can watch the narrowboats from the sunny terrace. The food is very disappointing and ordinary. Service is slow although the staff are pleasant and helpful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to a fire. It will reopen when repairs are complete. Our canalside location is a winner in the sunshine - sit back and relax with a long, cool drink as you watch the narrowboats float quietly by. And if the weather's not quite so pleasant, we've got loads of room inside with a choice of comfy sofas or dining chairs and tables.With great value food made on-site from locally sourced ingredients, our menu has something for everyone and the quality of our food is superior.Our bar has four beers on hand pump and we've got a great selection of lagers, cider, wines and soft drinks.And there's no rush to drive home after an evening at The Boatyard - why not stay in one of our six recently decorated and well appointed rooms.Then wake up to a hearty breakfast and grab a latte in our coffee shop before leaving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Grill & Grain at the Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatyard Hotel Preston
- Grill & Grain At The Boatyard Hoghton, Lancashire