Stayed here recently to see a comedy act in Blackburn town.
Good points: This hotel is in a picturesque & quiet area but still close enough to Blackburn town (10 min drive - £8 taxi)
Staff very friendly & room was warm & clean, basically had everything in that we needed for a night. The rain forrest shower was the best i've ever had. The full English breakfast was nice!
Bad points: Beds were really uncomfortable.Prefer a firm bed where as this one was the complete opposite.Suppose this comes down to personal taste.Also our double bed was 2 singles pushed together as apposed to an actual double which made it even more uncomfortable as beds kept moving apart.You have to speak to the manager at the adjacent pub/restaurant to check in & i can see this being a problem in very busy periods.
All in all it's actually a decent hotel in a great area but we personally wouldn't return unless we stayed in a room with a firmer bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to a fire. It will reopen when repairs are complete. Our canalside location is a winner in the sunshine - sit back and relax with a long, cool drink as you watch the narrowboats float quietly by. And if the weather's not quite so pleasant, we've got loads of room inside with a choice of comfy sofas or dining chairs and tables.With great value food made on-site from locally sourced ingredients, our menu has something for everyone and the quality of our food is superior.Our bar has four beers on hand pump and we've got a great selection of lagers, cider, wines and soft drinks.And there's no rush to drive home after an evening at The Boatyard - why not stay in one of our six recently decorated and well appointed rooms.Then wake up to a hearty breakfast and grab a latte in our coffee shop before leaving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Book Direct Rooms and Ebookers so you can book your Grill & Grain at the Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatyard Hotel Preston
- Grill & Grain At The Boatyard Hoghton, Lancashire