Unable to use the coffee bar/lounge (private function) we selected a table in the restaurant.
The barmaid? didn't know what wines were on offer, she simply searched for each one I named. Baked potato with beans and cheese proved to be very watery and tasteless. The "Gourmet Burger" served on a thin plank, looked like a small child's portion. The coffee, when it eventually arrived, was luke-warm. The sweet arrived after the coffee.
At least two other tables were questioning their orders and sending food back to the kitchen.
This establishment has been taken off my list until I see better reports here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our canalside location is a winner in the sunshine - sit back and relax with a long, cool drink as you watch the narrowboats float quietly by. And if the weather's not quite so pleasant, we've got loads of room inside with a choice of comfy sofas or dining chairs and tables.With great value food made on-site from locally sourced ingredients, our menu has something for everyone and the quality of our food is superior.Our bar has four beers on hand pump and we've got a great selection of lagers, cider, wines and soft drinks.And there's no rush to drive home after an evening at The Boatyard - why not stay in one of our six recently decorated and well appointed rooms.Then wake up to a hearty breakfast and grab a latte in our coffee shop before leaving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms and Hotels.com so you can book your Grill & Grain at the Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatyard Hotel Preston
- Grill & Grain At The Boatyard Hoghton, Lancashire