“Excellent,Nothing was to much trouble!!”
Review of Beeston Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoghton
Beeston Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hoghton B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent,Nothing was to much trouble!!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

What an amazing venue and the staff are truly fantastic. Beeston manor has it's own quirky style it's run by a family who will truly bend over backwards for you.
Nothing was to much trouble the young manageress Aimee (I think) has everything down to a tee nothing was out of place she ran a tight ship and it worked like clockwork. The service and food throughout the whole stay was fantastic and all the staff must be praised for their hard work and five star service. Would strongly recommend to anyone looking for a wedding venue !!

(Stayed 28.09.2013)

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We held our Wedding ceremony and Breakfast here on 15/09/13 with 22 family and friends, its a beautiful venue and the hosts, Janet and Amy could have not been any more accommodating. The venue will accommodate the smallest to the largest gathering which I felt was great as a lot of venues find it difficult &/or not cost effective to put up small groups. We were given lots of choice on the decorations and packages despite our short notice of approx 11 weeks, we wanted simple and no fuss which was gracefully accommodated although the rooms and service were still fabulously presented. The charm of the venue shone through and we appreciated the fantastic way the building has been restored, nice touch to have the rebuild photo's on display. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and endeavored to provide a great service going that little extra as well as providing space getting the balance just right, my group were a little chaotic around their food (forgetting their choices of menu) causing the odd confusion for staff which was swiftly rectified. We all enjoyed the food which was well cooked,very tasty and good sized portions which is important to my lot as we follow our stomachs (some of my guests want the chefs recipe for the oriental sources and the lemon crunch!) All courses were delicious and the puddings were so lovely I felt as the bride I should have been able to have two choices Ha Ha! The grounds are beautiful (even in the rain) and the host grabbed us later in the day taking us back out to grab a few more daring photos when the sun shone for a brief moment. A fantastic day for all and I noted two of my guests wandering off with the brochure, looks like we may be attending here for another wedding soon I hope. Thanks to all at Beeston, Sara and Martin.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here for an overnight stay 30th August whilst attending a friends wedding reception. On the whole this is a beautiful hotel and furnished to a high standard, set in a wonderful setting. The hotel staff were ber accommodating and allowed us to swap rooms, which I was very grateful.

The wedding reception itself was great and couldn't fault any part of it, even the food was fantastic the bar was also very reasonably priced.

My only negative was there wasn't tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

Well done Beeston Manor, would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Today we attended a wedding at beeston having three young children in tow one severely disabled my nerves were shot before we left the house! But I am delighted to say it turned out to be the best wedding venue I have ever visited and would highly recommend it! ...the staff were lovely the host was fantastic! Before the wedding breakfast we were in the bar upstairs ( with a wheel chair?) no problem they have a lift that we were directed to without even asking. Having a disabled child and two other young children who get bored and naughty... The staff couldn't have been more helpful the host made them alien zapper guns from balloons they were allowed to draw during the wedding breakfast and the host mingled throughout making sure everyone was happy. The staff were helpful and never pretentious or patronising which is a real rarity we felt welcome from arrival to departure I would highly recommend this venue!
Note to management ... Your host is worth his weight in diamonds never mind gold!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We wanted to leave a review after holding our wedding day in May this year.

We had booked to see a few venues but after coming to Beeston Manor and seeing the room and gardens we cancelled those other viewings and made our decision to hold our wedding at Beeston.

We honestly cannot thank the staff and venue enough - from planning it, decorating the room and on the day, everything went so well and without hitch. Nothing was too much trouble and Karen, Janet, Amy and the team have brilliant idea's for dressing up your room, where to serve food and how to make everyone as comfortable as possible.

I wasn't able to decorate the room myself due to weddings either side of my day, but in advance I visited Beeston, told them my idea's and where certain things should go and stored the decorations there for the day. When I walked into the room after coming from the church I was so happy. I couldn't have done the room better myself and it took a big stress away from the day. Anyone who has to rely on the staff to do this please don't feel apprehensive, they are absolutely brilliant and it takes a massive strain away from you the day before.

So many people commented on how lovely the venue was and how helpful the staff were. We honestly wouldn't have changed a thing and picking Beeston was the best decision we made and we will certainly be back when the restaurant opens.

Thank you once again to all at Beeston for helping to make our day one to remember,

Danni & Adi x

Room Tip: Some rooms have showers and others only baths (possibly with a hand held shower attachment) so ask y...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank danniellelucy
Wigan
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I got married at Beeston Manor in August 2 years ago and it was the best day of our lives!!
From the planning beforehand to the big day itself, Janet & John (the owners) were with us every step of the way and really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The venue itself is stunning - an old barn that has been converted by the family in to a modern, luxurious wedding venue and restaurant set in gorgeous surroundings. The hospitality is second to none - the whole team are friendly and will do anything for you.
We love the venue so much that we head back to the restaurant every Valentines day, Anniversary and any other time we can make an excuse to!! The food is great, Julie (chef) is brilliant, weve just had a lovely meal there recently (including a fab desert of profiteroles with toffee fudge sauce - amazing!) Everytime we go back they are always so happy to see us - they've become like our second family!
We honestly cant recommend this place more highly!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We got married at Beeston Manor on the 21st of June and wanted to make sure that we took our time to write this review. Having visited at least 15 previous venues all of which failed to meet expectation we went to Beeston Manor on a whim. Despite our impromptu arrival, Amy was more than happy to show us around this absolutely outstanding venue. It only took us the drive home to agree that Beeston Manor was the ideal place for us to get married.

Over the course of the next 9 months Amy, Janet, John and Karen were excellent in their support and organisation. We especially appreciated their flexibility in our menu - afternoon tea, followed by an outdoor bbq, as well as us being able to use our own bunting and home grown flowers.

The day of our wedding could not have gone more perfect. We would like to personally thank every member of staff at Beeston Manor on their impeccable professionalism, good natured humour and organisation. Amy operates with an almost sixth sense ability and was always close to hand if we needed anything.

Beeston Manor is a beautifully appointed venue and allows you step outside the sterile environment of so many other hotels and venues, we were truly able to tailor our wedding to what we wanted and Beeston's elevated location and panoramic views only added to the style we wanted for our wedding.

We could not recommend Beeston Manor highly enough and would strongly encourage anyone to visit and take a look at how a family run venue should be.

On a final note we would both like to thank everyone at Beeston Manor for making our wedding a truly special day, and we both look forward to visiting again for afternoon tea in the future.

Emmie and Gavin

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nivag123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoghton
Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel
#2 of 2 in Clayton-le-Woods
Gibbon Bridge Hotel
Gibbon Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chipping

Been to Beeston Manor? Share your experiences!