“Father's Day treat”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Went to the Boar's Head on Father's Day with my parents. It was busy but service was good. We all enjoyed our meals - nothing left on the plates! Food was fresh and plentiful, well presented. It did seem a little more expensive compared to my last visit but we thought that the food was well worth the money. Staff all seemed to be very young but we're professional and very polite. I can see why it always seems busy when I visit - always a good sign!

1  Thank AngelaBZ7365DL

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Great meal. Would have been 5 star, except that, we were a pre-booked family party of 16, booked for 4.30pm on a Sunday, and they had run out of Sunday Roasts.

1  Thank troggie51
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Visited today with a couple of friends for some lunch. Can’t recommend the pub any more... from the customer service, to the food, amazing! The cheese and onion pie was so lovely and tasty. Will definitely be visiting again!

1  Thank emilykellett12
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We had a great evening at the Boars Head in Hoghton. Two large glasses of wine, two mains, two puddings and two coffees - all for about £50 is decent value these days. More importantly, the food was good even if the portion sizes were a little restrained. There was a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere and we found the staff were friendly and helpful. You were not rushed between the courses as happens at some places. The pub is well worth a visit.

1  Thank wilko2016
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had just returned from a short visit to France and didn't fancy cooking a meal so we decided to try the Boars Head, quite local to us and we were very surprised and wondered why we hadn't tried it before. Even thought it was quite full the very pleasant waitress found a table for us, ordered a drink and meal. I had sausage and Mash and my partner a huge Burger, the red onion sauce on my meal was delicious as were the sausage. We really enjoyed everything the greeting, service were 1st class and the meal.... excellent. We kept asking our selves why haven't we tried the Boars Head before and living nearby I think we'll be back.

1  Thank Russell D