“A wonderful evening with Friends”

The Royal Oak at Riley Green
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Hoghton
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was taken here by friends who live locally, and what a wonderful evening we had.

The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the food delicious and the service was great too.

1  Thank Antony C

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not been for a while but went last night to a half empty restaurant - what a shame - it was spot on - service, food and ambience were faultless - going back soon

1  Thank BARGEE
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visited The Royal Oak for a spot of lunch,
From the specials board a fabulous lamb dish with chestnuts and wild mushrooms , and from the set menu my friend had chicken caeser salad. plenty on both our plates and very tasty too.
Staff very attentive and quick service, although I had expected it to be fairly quiet being the day after Bank Hol and a bit out of the way I was surprised at how busy they were. We would certainly recommend this to our friends.

2  Thank CaroleR9
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I came here for a family event a little while back and was very impressed with the quality of the food and the very good service. Also the place itself is very pleasant with a separate room at the back, a much appreciated real fire (well it was February) and nicely furnished.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Having visited the Royal Oak on many occasions and had OK meals we did stop calling. However since it was renovated last year the improvement is remarkable, gone are the one pot type meals replaced by modern and varied menu with classics and seasonal dishes. I had the Hake on Spinach and Lemon risotto 'special' last week and it was delightful, and my other half had the Steak and Kidney Suet pudding, again a triumph.
We will be going back again & again if this standard is maintained.

1  Thank Chrisnfrank