“At the Wrong Time”

The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace
Price range: US$4 - US$34
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Pennines, this loungey little bar and restaurant in Littleborough provides the perfect pitstop for weary sightseers and is a cosy spot popular with locals for intimate evening meals and superb Sunday roasts. The Waterside Restaurant and Bar has a stylish and comfortable interior decorated with chocolate brown sofas and high-backed leather booths for semi-private dining, and there is an al fresco terrace for sunny outdoor dining during the warmer months. Famous for its roasts, the kitchen at Waterside offers a variety of options from the minted lamb shoulder to the salted pork crackling and roasted Tunisian lemon chicken. Fish fans will also love the seafood selection ��� we love the smoked haddock lasagne with Atlantic shrimps and wilted spinach.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited late on a Sunday evening having read the great Tripadvisor reviews, unfortunately we must have visited at the wrong time , the food was ok, the steaks would have benefited from a few chips and the service was only average

3  Thank John J
There are newer reviews for The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went with a group of friends. The service was excellent, as was the food generally.The portions are generous, so only one person had dessert: the waitress brought (unprompted) an extra coupe of spoons in case we wanted a taste. The meat is truly excellent: we all had fillet steak as we had a 20% loyalty voucher from one of the group. Parking is very limited, which can be a problem if you have impaired mobility, though there is a car park 100 metres away.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have reviewed this restaurant before but this is the first time I have tried their Sunday lunch and have to say I was more than impressed. The pork and crackling was delicious and of course the service as always excellent.

2  Thank trshk
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

It was our first time visiting The Waterside, and without a doubt it won't be our last. From the moment we walked in the staff couldn't do enough for us. We dined Al Fresco in the gorgeous Mediterranean style gardens. Such a relaxed atmosphere as the sun went down, we could've stayed all night. The food was simply amazing, we chose from the pasta menu which we hadn't realised wasn't on the evening menu, and so we were about to choose something else but the chef said it wasn't a problem at all, and accomodated us without hesitation and I'm so pleased he did because it was the best pasta dish I've ever tasted. The menu included so many delicious choices, even the drinks menu was creative. The restaurant itself is beautifully designed and the outside drinking/dining area gave us that 'being on holiday' feel. Staff are so welcoming and the owner Lisa took time out for a chat. So many little personal touches to contribute to a fantastic evening. Will definately be recommending to friends and returning ourselves. Thank you to all at The Waterside for a great night.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Me & my partner have been dining here since 2007, it's always been our favourite restaurant and we eat out a lot at weekends all over, but as always nothing ever beats the service and quality of food you get here time after time. We have always thrown big birthday parties for our daughter and this year ( May ) we decided to hire our favourite place out and have an Alice in Wonderland theme party at The Waterside, best decision we made !! It was absolutely amazing and Lisa, Kris and Kaylee and the team made the day above fantastic for my daughter. They took time out to speak to me before the special day to discuss ideas for food, drinks etc so the day would be extra special, Lisa even travelled to Leeds early on the morning of the party to pick a hand made Mad Hatter all chocolate hat for the party up, which she didn't have too, it was amazing. The food was out of this world and everyone on the day was saying how nice the food was presented Mad hatter tea party style and how gorgeous the food tasted, especially the Scones everyone said they have never tasted a scone as nice. The day went perfect and we was really grateful for all the detail that went into the day from them and the staff. I will post some pictures up of the day, so you can see just how fab everything was. Nothing was too much trouble and my daughter had the best time. Kris ( Head Chef ) definitely has an eye for detail.
The Waterside will always be our favourite restaurant, and I hope we can still be eating here in another 7 years time.
Lisa, Kris and the team are always welcoming and friendly and always go out their way to cater for my partner who if very fussy !! Ha.
Thanks a lot again to them all for making Lexie's 5th Birthday so special.
Most of my friends now eat here a lot since i recommended it and they all say how good it is, I have also started eating here quite a lot for lunch with my friends as the lunch menu is delicious.
Laura xx